CBR1100XX.org Forum

Water heater question

Godfather

I just installed a new water heater. What a fun job :icon_twisted: First I forgot to turn on the hot water in the house when I was filling the tank and the fucking connection to the house or I should say trailer in case organ donor is reading this, failed and made a big bang scared the shit out of me.

Anyways, the water connections seem to be secure now with no leaks; I had to go back to home deto and get a new compression washer and more teflon tape for the connection. I connected the electrical wiring with ground. So my question is... I had the electric turned off at the meter, now it is back on. I made sure both the temp adjusters for the elements were set to about 120f. Before I turn on the breaker is there anything I should do first.?

I turned the thing on a half hour ago and I"m good, have plenty of hot water. No leaks.

Saved 250 buck doing it myself. The great thing is the heater with the 12 year warrante was only 250 bucks, 50 bucks less than the model with only the 6 year warrante.