CBR1100XX.org Forum

[ B- ] Chaparral Motorsports

Great people to deal with. Cheapest prices I have found on many items. Very fast shipping. Look for there ad in many of the cycle mags. Make sure you mention the ad to get the sale price.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Chaparral and have always had prompt service. They usually have some of the best prices I have found. The only drawback is that their website sucks.

Yep not real happy with there website either. They do have some pretty good ads in mags such as SportRider.

Ken

• 1 year later...
Yep not real happy with there website either. They do have some pretty good ads in mags such as SportRider.

Ken

But their catalogs are THE shit! Hell, I called and requested one. Great for three months worth of bathroom reading.

Ken

But their catalogs are THE shit! Hell, I called and requested one. Great for three months worth of bathroom reading.

Yep and you will keep getting them. They also have quite a bit of MX stuff. Not into that, but some are.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok. Just had a MAJOR problem with these people. I have liked them as long as I had received correctly. Now I know thier customer service SUCKS!!! They don't care about you at all, as long as they have your money they are done with you.

story....

I had ordered a chain from them for the bird. They were not the cheapest, but I was having a hard time finding someone that could sell me the gold one, they could. I got the chain the other day and I drive out and borrow a friends chain rivet tool and I'm getting ready to install the thing. I dump the chain into a tub with naptha in it so it can dissolve the cosmolene (white greasy stuff they are shipped with) and go ahead and break my old chain off. When I go to pull the chain out, I'm drying it off and notice that it's a 520VM! Shit that won't hold, I grab the box and apparently DID packaged it wrong, the box is right. Now I know that this is not Chaparral's fault at all they are just passing it along. BUT when I go to call to find out how to get this going the quickest. My thing was to try to get them to get another on order while mine was on it's way back since they were on backorder and it took a bit for it to get to them. I hit a brick f'n wall, the girls who answer the phone in customer service had an attitude from word one. I was told by the girl in customer service <snotty tone>"Dude, that is all we are willing to do, afterall it isn't our fault!"</snotty tone> I mean come on, DUDE? They want me to send it back first then they will get one ordered or I can buy another one and they will credit me when they get the faulty one in.

Again, I know it wasn't thier fault but what happened to servicing what you sell???

:evil:

• 7 months later...

I ordered a pair of Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants off them 6 weeks ago. They said they would ship out in 1 week every place else I contacted said they were not available until the end of the year. I waited 3 weeks and started calling, every week it was going to be one more week. I called again today and was told to call back on Monday and they will have an answer. I called back again and said I would like to order these pants. The guy tells me it will be at least 2 weeks before they get them from the factory, but it could be much longer. I called back later and cancelled my order, and the guy doesn't even ask why or how he could help. It must be great to be so busy thatyou can treat people like shit. They lost my business.

After that I called Joe Rocket and they said the pants won't be sent out until mid November at the earliest. If Chapparral would have just told me this to begin with I would have just ordered a different pair. I will not do business with a company that does nothing but B.S. people.

• 7 months later...

I've ordered from them several times, all were good but one.

Last year I ordered I new rear tire, they send me a D205 when I ordered a D208, I never even looked at it, just threw it on the bike, only looked at it when it wore out in like 3000 miles... Oh well. :)