CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help please electrical issue with the XX

CxBXR

I was in the process of installing a undertail on my XX got from pimpbike.com,

It come's with LED tail light's & brake light's, & here's the problem

My brake light's flash with the blinker, I only have this problem when the blinker's are on obviously, What am I doing wrong ?

I was in the process of installing a undertail on my XX got from pimpbike.com,

It come's with LED tail light's & brake light's, & here's the problem

My brake light's flash with the blinker, I only have this problem when the blinker's are on obviously, What am I doing wrong ?

Brake light is tied into the signal light somewhere...

Bad ground

Would you be refering to a short ? Or a bad ground conductivity to the frame ? All help much appreciated I am still struggling with this demon.

**Edit Update this is how I done it (well kind of)

I wired the LED turn signal's up just like the factory wire harness except with a load resistor tapped inline per instruction's.

I am a little confused because the XX stock brake light has 2 bulb's a upper & lower which one of the 2 do I wire in my LED brake light's & running light's too ? I believe this is where my problem lies.

How many LED lamp's be wired to one resistor (I have a AUX turn signal) ? I can only get one LED to work with the resistor is this normal. & do they have to be identical LED's or will the current travel the path of least resistance ? one other thing those resistor's sure get hot are they likely to catch fire ?

Bad ground

Would you be refering to a short ? Or a bad ground conductivity to the frame ? All help much appreciated I am still struggling with this demon.

**Edit Update this is how I done it (well kind of)

I wired the LED turn signal's up just like the factory wire harness except with a load resistor tapped inline per instruction's.

I am a little confused because the XX stock brake light has 2 bulb's a upper & lower which one of the 2 do I wire in my LED brake light's & running light's too ? I believe this is where my problem lies.

How many LED lamp's be wired to one resistor (I have a AUX turn signal) ? I can only get one LED to work with the resistor is this normal. & do they have to be identical LED's or will the current travel the path of least resistance ? one other thing those resistor's sure get hot are they likely to catch fire ?

How do you have your AUX Turn signals setup? just spliced into signal light line?(one power line going to the back with two lights on it)

If you took the stock brake light out, and have replaced it you only need one set of wires from a bulb to go to the new tail lights.

I haven't worked with LED's on my XX but I think the reason for the resistor is to slow the blink of your lights as the LED doesn't have much of a load. If you have a aux rear set of signal lights you might not need it....

I'm with the rest bad earth.

I only used 1 feed for the brake lights with my PIMPBIKE undertail, the green/yellow wire.

easy fix for the flash rate use this led flash rate

same thing is on ebay but at $24.95 and shipping is $21.50, buy from the manufacturer its $19.95 and $7.00 shipping.

cheers

Thank you for the reply's,I think my issues have now been resolved, I have decided to buy the "plug & play" LED relay that was linked.

I have since fixed the ground (loose frame wire) & removed the stupid fire hazard LED resistor's. ( No BS they were so hot I could not touch them without yelling "@#$% that's hot ouch") I will just drive around with fast flashing blinker's for now until I get the new relay in the mail, Thanks again, Matt

I'm with the rest bad earth.

I only used 1 feed for the brake lights with my PIMPBIKE undertail, the green/yellow wire.

easy fix for the flash rate use this led flash rate

same thing is on ebay but at $24.95 and shipping is $21.50, buy from the manufacturer its $19.95 and $7.00 shipping.

cheers

Well I finally got it in the mail, installed it & everything worked perfectly it was a "plug & play" it replaced the stock "clicking" flasher relay. Thanks again.