CBR1100XX.org Forum

MRA windscreens?

JasonW

Does anyone have any experience with the MRA windscreens from Germany?

Someone had posted a picture of one about a year or so ago and they looked like a decent product........formed to fit flush with the front cowl similar to stock. Also, they are blacked out to cover the guages in a gradient fashion that extends up the sides to the tips of the front cowl......very nice looking. http://www.mra.de/Marken/HONDA/CBR1100.HTM

The only US distributor that I could find (so far) wants $120 (including shipping) for the "racing" style which is basically a double bubble (not shown on the site). They also have stock and touring type screens in several different configurations and colors. He said that he would offer a group discount if I can get 15 orders, but I haven't responded to see exactly what kind of discount he was willing to offer. I wanted first to find out if anyone had one and what they thought of it.

Anyone?

Okay, now I'm confused???? :???:

Mick,

Are you saying that Joe is correct in saying that they were less than happy? Or are you saying that they ARE happy? Possible typo there?

I'd be willing to spend $120 for a quality screen that fit my criteria, but not if it's a POS like the LP one I have now (I guess I shouldn't complain for $25).

I'd like to see a pic of the MRA double bubble style on a 'bird. I don't want too big of a bubble on it like I've seen on many other screens.

Givi and Cheetah are not exactly what I'm looking for, but thanks for the tip, Joe.

I wouldnt be that cruel, I misread your post Joe :???:

Not seen anyone disatisfied with an MRA over here every time someone asks about screens it gets the most votes, just got one myself after trying a couple of others over the past year (Powerbronze and an unknown one). Its looks and fits better and does the job.

screen3.jpg

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

Not mine but its the same one.

Thanks, Mick! You are a true gentleman.

Wow, that is a huge bubble! Much taller than I was looking for.

Is that the "shadowline" color or is it the "smoke". Can you see through it?

Sorry for all of the questions........I'm still considering one in the stock mold (I'm not very tall). I would just paint my stock one black on the inside, but I want to be able to see through it (during the day) when fully tucked.

Thanks again, you just saved me from a $120 mistake. I definately appreciate it. :grin:

Its a darkish smoke but you can see through it if you're down that low but depends where you are as it can get distorted by the bubble, it don't really matter to me as I'm to old and stiff to bother getting down there :cry: .Have you thought about the later 01 onwards standard screen thats a bit higher than the older ones?. The MRA just looks like its higher than others but isnt really as the bubble starts higher up from the front than others and seems to blend in and suit the flow of the bike better than most of them.

Yeah, I've considered the newer ones, and would like to get my hands on one, but haven't seen one for sale yet. The only problem is that I would like a dark tint (as shown) also. Just haven't figured out how to do that to a stock screen yet......otherwise I'd just tint the old stock one I have.

Thanks again for your help, Mick.

Jason,

You can buy spray tint in an aerosol can but it doesn't work very well. Runs real easy, so you have to apply multipule light coats till you get the darkness you want. But it scratches real easy too. You would be better off buying a smoked screen.

As Mick said, the MRA screen is probably the finest screen you can buy for the Bird and doesn't have much more rise than the newer model stock screens. I have a Powerbronze that I bought when I was in England for the Bash this year and it is a tall screen, but I love it since I am another old fart that doesn't do alot of deap tucking-in. The MRA is probably the favorite in Europe except for the price.