CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: Peg lowering brackets

Just received the final batch of these.

Ready to ship again!

Order up!

Happy happy joy joy bring em on :icon_biggrin:

i have already installed convertibars see here http://www.convertibars.com/New/HowitWorks.cfm

and they work great

when will u ship mine?

Called them after I PM'd you. I will pick them up tomorrow and ship Wenesday.

Fitment issues!

Just got off the phone with Taetor, if you have a very early '97 bike with flat vs curved up at the end rubber step, these wont fit!

This is the first problem I've seen in over 300 sold.

If your foot pad looks like #31, your fine! If its like #9, it wont work.

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module...3307/Group/STEP

Again, this info is for 1997 early build bikes only.

Fitment issues!

Just got off the phone with Taetor, if you have a very early '97 bike with flat vs curved up at the end rubber step, these wont fit!

This is the first problem I've seen in over 300 sold.

If your foot pad looks like #31, your fine! If its like #9, it wont work.

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module...3307/Group/STEP

Again, this info is for 1997 early build bikes only.

Well I have the #9 foot pegs on my 8/97 build 98 model and I got mine to fit :icon_surprised: When I tried to fit mine I found that the gullet on the FP curved in at the bottom of the peg which stopped the holes from lining up for the pin, what I did was get a flat file with a curved edge and file out the bottom of the gullet till they fitted :icon_surprised:

This did cause a problem in as far as because the top of the gullet is deep enough the pegs were a bit loose once fitted ( they would lift up slightly on the brackets) :icon_confused:

I fixed this just recently (about a week ago) by taking the pegs off and drilling the tang of the brackets near the top and threading a 3mm socket head machine screw in and just grinding the head down till there was sufficient clearance :icon_think:

Para, thanks! Seems some people on the other board said they got theirs to work just fine with a little fileing.

I'll say I'm sorry to those with '97s that had to modify their brackets slightly to get them to fit. :icon_redface:

I've had some people say that the tolerances were very tight on later years but I did that on purpose as I didn't want any slop in them.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have about 40 sets left folks, when these are gone it will be the end. I will not be making any more of these. :icon_neutral:

Dave:

I need 2 sets.. one for Eddy's friend Lee, and another for a guy here at work who's got a R6, we're gonna see if they fit.

I have about 40 sets left folks, when these are gone it will be the end. I will not be making any more of these. :icon_neutral:

So are you still doing the pillion ones or not? :icon_surprised:

They are still in the works, as are the ZX14.

Great the missus keeps asking me about them as well as a couple of guys on OzBB :icon_surprised:

DAVE,

Just checking to make sure you r'cevd. my paypal payment.

thanks, John M.

(On the left coast.)

Damn! Got them today, that was faster than the XX!. I own a CNC machine shop and I must say KUDOS to your shop,Nicely done!

THANKS AGAIN, JOHN

These are a very high quality product and work awesome. Because you retain the rubber on top of the stock peg, footpegs are comfortable all day long! Thanks Dave. I just put some long days on my bike and these pegs are the best!

• 2 weeks later...