CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: Peg lowering brackets

They are 3/4" drop straight down, dosen't seem like much but they make a world of difference! These brackets will clear catted OE exhaust.

You must trim or remove your feelers if you do any kind of spirited cornering!

These are made from T6061 aluminium.

Cost is $60 shipped to Stateside addresses.

$65 to the UK and most of Europe.

They can be ordered here: http://www.cyclefarkle.com/

These will be shipped by USPS First class mail.

Pics of kit installed:

gallery_1315_169_25441.jpg

gallery_1315_169_50503.jpg

Enjoy!

Install guide here: http://www.flyingferrets.eclipse.co.uk/inf...%20Footpegs.pdf

Install note: Some people have stated that the OE pin dosen't fit the bracket when installing on the bike. If the OE pin fits the bracket before installation on the bike it will fit on the bike, you just have to wiggle the bracket up while pushing the pin in.

It's a tight fit!

Hey Dave,

I've sent you a couple emails with no reply. My paypal was sent May 29 and you show here on the forum that the pegs have shipped. What's up?

I think you are misreading the column. I'm guessing that an "x" will be added under the "shipped" column once the brackets have shipped. I'm also guessing that machining and finishing these takes time.

Hey Dave,

I've sent you a couple emails with no reply. My paypal was sent May 29 and you show here on the forum that the pegs have shipped. What's up?

I think you are misreading the column. I'm guessing that an "x" will be added under the "shipped" column once the brackets have shipped. I'm also guessing that machining and finishing these takes time.

-The use of the colon after "payment received" would indicate otherwise.

-"Shipped" didn't look like a column.

-"These are ready again" ............well, I took that to mean that they're ready. I'm aware of the machining and finishing process.

Aside from this is that he could have replied to any one of my emails.....I'm guessing.

If it helps any, Dave is quality people. You don't have anything to worry about. He is probably just busy.

That does help.... 'nuff said. Thanks.

Yes, Dave is doing this all for no profit. He should raise the price a little to ensure he doesn't lose $$ like on the first run of these but he is to nice.

"Received a Paypal from: Chris Kunstt,,,who are you on the board???"

He isn't able to put all the names with the board names.

Is this you?

No, that's not me. I tried to follow his correspondence rules.

I'm not into anyone losing money on their labor. If that's the case then I can understand not answering emails.

If the pegs are as good as everyone says, I have no problem paying additional $$ in order to make it worth his time and also to maybe encourage him to attempt some other projects that we can all benefit from.

Thanks for your input.

If anyone is just thinking about getting these, get them!

I spent alot of money to make my XX comfortable on Heli bars, pro grips, throttlemeister, double bubble, corbin seat, levers, throttle rocker....

The best money I spent was on these.

parafon, I PM'd ya a while ago,,,,you must not of got it, sorry.

You won't be dissapointed!

Dave

Thanks Dave. I didn't get the PM.

I'm with ya on this the rest of the way.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have PM

I got the brackets in the other day. Quality is top notch. I think these are going to really ease the pain I get in my knees...mainly my right one. I haven't done anything other than ride around the neighborhood with them yet but its definitely a change for the better. Another thing you guys with the stock pegs might do is get some aftermarket pegs. You probably gain up to .25" over the stockers since they don't have that big rubber pad on top. I haven't measured that or anything but it seems like it helped a bit when I replaced my stockers.

I got mine last week too. Very good quality machining. I thought I would try this method out instead of my Buell pegs. But do you think I could find my stock pegs in my garage? DOH!!! :icon_redface: I'll keep looking.