CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gel / foam aftermarket grips?

Anyone have a good recommendation for XX-friendly gel- or foam-based grips? I'm looking for something a little larger than stack that will be comfortable over the long haul. Stock grips ('04) feel like I'm just resting on the clip-ons themselves!

Thx,

Terry

'04 1100xx (black) / Nashville

mailto:anderson_terry@hotmail.com

Anyone have a good recommendation for XX-friendly gel- or foam-based grips? I'm looking for something a little larger than stack that will be comfortable over the long haul. Stock grips ('04) feel like I'm just resting on the clip-ons themselves!

Thx,

Terry

'04 1100xx (black) / Nashville

Please explain how you have an '04 'bird on this side of the pond...

I have and really like the BMW sport grips.Do a search here for the part numbers and check with your local BMW dealer for the grips. A good BMW parts guy will know exactly what you're talking about.

Simple/cheap fix.

Get a set of Grip Puppies. They are foam sleeves that you slide onto your stock grips using soapy water. Once the water dries, the grips stay put. They are softer, and add some girth ( :icon_redface: ) to your stock grips.

I had them on my Bird, and Dave just ordered a couple of sets for our Goldwings.

Linky

Thanks for the pointers, gents!

The explanation for the '04 Bird is that I buggered up the sig...mine is an '03. :icon_redface:

Also just got Convertibars installed, and am hoping I can get a Throttlemeister (heavy/black) that will fit them. Also got a Laminarlip, and am eyeballing up a Corbin gunfighter in anticipation for a great season (and the Honda Hoot). Would really like to find beefier rubber coated front pegs too...don't like the scrawny stock metallic ones much. Too bad the large pin holding the stock ones on looks like a pain to change out.

Cheers,

Terry

'03 1100xx (black) / Nashville

I put bikemaster foam touring grips on mine that I'm very happy with. But I do have a set of bmw grips sitting in my garage that I'm going to install before the winter over a set of daul-star heaters.

• 1 month later...
I use Progrip gel 719's and gloves with gel in the palm seems to work well for me.

Did you mean the "791's" 791 as I don't see any "719's" on the site, also what type of gloves were they, do you have a link as I am looking at getting something like that because of problems with carpal tunnel and hands going numb :icon_confused:

I've used Pro-Grip 714 for several years and they're great. You just have to cut the ends off and they fit fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the Pro Grip Gels as well and Joe Rocket gloves with Gel stitched in the palm.

The biggest factor in my experience is the angle of the levers. (level or up creates problems, angled down is natural extension of my hand)

• 1 month later...
I use Progrip gel 719's and gloves with gel in the palm seems to work well for me.

Did you mean the "791's" 791 as I don't see any "719's" on the site, also what type of gloves were they, do you have a link as I am looking at getting something like that because of problems with carpal tunnel and hands going numb :icon_confused:

THAT SITE MUST NOT CARRY THEM TRY A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR PROGRIP 719 AND THE GLOVES ARE OLYMPIA

• 1 month later...

I used a set of the foam grips. They are cheap and I figure if they last 3 months, they'd be worth it. Since my bike sits in a garage, not in the sun, they have held up for a year so far. I'm going to try to find the BMW ones. but with the bar ends attached, the foams look fine and feel good. (I didn't need grip glue, so they won't leave goo on the bars either.) :icon_cool: