CBR1100XX.org Forum

I'm a tard.... please help

Justin

Can someone explain to me how to rewind a cct if the retaining pin comes out... I got a new one from John but it got knocked off the counter and the pin came out....so it unwound. I tried to wind it from the end the pin came out, but the tensioner just comes out as I turn it....any help would be appreciated as a new one from John is a couple weeks out.

You just stick a screwdriver or that small sheet metal piece in the end that the bolt goes in, and twist, and it'll pull the lifter back in.

On the other hand, Travis let his go, too, and the end disconnected or something, and he put it back together and ended up having to replace the thing shortly thereafter...

Use a screwdriver with the blade narrower than the metel key to wind it back up. But you must do it just before you are ready to insert it back into the Bird. Hold it wound up as you insert it into place then release the screwdriver while holding it in place. Hold it tight with one hand and put in allen bolts with the other hand.

Much easier if you have help to bolt it up while you are holding the tension with the screwdriver.

Hope that makes sense !

Makes sense John... I'm going to order a new one from you when you get the next batch though as I am just not going to trust the one I have after I rewind it myself... I'll paypal you more $$'s, just send me one when they come in :)

Makes sense John... I'm going to order a new one from you when you get the next batch though as I am just not going to trust the one I have after I rewind it myself... I'll paypal you more $$'s, just send me one when they come in :)

You didn't hurt it.

Just wind it back up and hold it in place while you install it. It's awkward to do but it still works like new. I did this once just to see what would happen if I pulled the pin.

Then again I'm all for John getting more orders

You didn't hurt it.

Just wind it back up and hold it in place while you install it. It's awkward to do but it still works like new. I did this once just to see what would happen if I pulled the pin.

Your probably right, but I'd rather have he piece of mind knowing it's not going to fail on trips etc... and like you said, I don't mind sending my money John's way.. rather send it to him than give it to the stealership

You didn't hurt it.

Your probably right, but I'd rather have he piece of mind knowing it's not going to fail on trips etc... and like you said, I don't mind sending my money John's way.. rather send it to him than give it to the stealership

It will not hurt it, it is made to be rewinded, we makea tee shape piece of metal that is shown in the manual for a number of honda bikes, which is described in the manual that will rewind and hold the screw for removal. There are notches cut in the cct for the piece to catch in, although I have not seen them in the bird.