CBR1100XX.org Forum

group paint buy

XXSTAR

If enough people is want it I can go and have a side cover analized, the gold, and split in with everyone that wants a little. I can get a gallon of auto paint and harder. a gallon would be about 80.00, what ever it cost me, 20 people 4.00 each

hardner about 30.00 1.50 each shipping about 4.50 about 10.00 that would paint 50 side covers?????????

let me know, reply with ex. +1 +2 +3 and so on. if you need me to paint them for you I will at no charge. just shipping and cost

Ron

Actually, I agree.. I think that green/gold color is fugly. IF I was in the mood to throw money at stuff, I'd either buy the 97/98 versions which are black, or have them blasted and powder coated something that matches the bike a little closer, like a nice silver.

I've thought that for my 02, especially, it would be nice to anodize it blue, but as far as I'm concerned.. wouldn't paint them green/gold if I was pulling them off the bike in the first place.

Funny always liked the look of the Goldish coloured covers on the Titanium bikes, my Titbird here in Aus has black side covers and I think the gold colour would look better JMHO :icon_surprised:

Why go black when you can go Carbon fiber..

I couldn't stand the gold color on my engine or on the front rotors.. So some engine armor and some gun metal gray paint and perfect.

I liked the gold with the black paint on mine to maybe we're just wierd :icon_whistle:

maybe? :icon_duh:

post-1152-1176302707.jpg

Funny always liked the look of the Goldish coloured covers on the Titanium bikes
I agree completely. My brother has a 2000 Titanium bike and the original greenish-gold engine covers do work well with that stealthy color scheme.

go Carbon fiber

I also considered these, but was concerned that they would insulate the crankcase and keep more heat in, instead of perhaps radiating it off as with the black painted covers. :icon_think:

The CF covers are held on with adhesive and still offer a small space between them and the engine covers. They get warm, but don't think they insulate to much heat in. I have had mine on for 3 yrs and no problems or concerns.

more info please. where, how, and close up pix thanks, Ron

http://www.bikejohnny.com/cgi-bin/store/BK...CB1100%20SFX-11

Seems the Creations Engine Armor from across the pond has been sold or changed names. Also just get the 2 peice one. The 3rd peice can't be seen unless you take off the plastics.

get it in CF or Kelvar

The adhesive they use is some strong ass stuff. Once on, you won't be pulling them off unless you destroy them.

post-1152-1176308921.jpg

post-1152-1176308984.jpg

post-1152-1176309059.jpg