CBR1100XX.org Forum

Nelson Riggs bags now with pics

Last fall I purchased a set of the nelson riggs sport bags for the ride home with my new to me blackbird. On the ride home they went through sme very serious rain I think that storm got classified as a tropical depression or something like that. Rain was very heavy. The bags performed very well on the ride. The only porblem I found was that the one rain cover had an annoying habit of coming off of the bag. After a few times falling off I lost the cover in northern Virgiana. Even without the cover the bag did an excellent job of keeping the contents dry. I did get a bit of seep through but nothing worth complaining about. In all seriousness my army issue gortex jacket was completely soaked through as well as the pants so it was amazing that the bag wasn't filled with water.

The bags are large enough that I could pack a long weekend to a week for myself of clothes etc. I had no problems with paint rub on the tail fairing I didn't use clear tape or the foam pads you all have mentioned. To be honest I hadn't even thought of that. All and all very well constructed bags that do very well for solo touring on the bird.

On the customer service side of the house. I had recently posted up in Dutch's thread about deals gap on my problem with the rain cover today I was contacted by their customer service about it. I won't post the pm since I haven't asked permission to do so but I'll give you the basics. They hadn't heard of any customer problems with the rain covers coming loose but they would be more than happy to send me a new set of covers. According to the last pm I got about 20 min ago the new bag covers are on the way to me now.

I just want to point out that I hadn't even contacted Nelson Riggs about this they apparently are watching for their name to show up and look into the customers problems on their own. That is a real stand up way to do business in my book and outstanding customer service. There are a lot of companies out there that should take notice of this and use it as a model of a great way to do business.

I will certainly be buying their bags for any future needs I have and recommending them to anyone that asks.

I had no problems with the other one at all just the left side no idea why but the bags are great they are hooking me up with a new cover life is good :icon_biggrin:

I've ridden in some pretty heavy rains with mine and they did a great job of staying dry. Rode a lot of miles at 2 x 5 over and the covers stayed put.

I must be undereducated...what is 2 X 5 over???

2x5 over I would guess is 10 over the speed limit but I'm sure airborne will let us know

oh and as promised pics of the bags on the bike, please excuse the givi bag on the top but Demon was kind enough to give that to me when I bought the bike. You have no idea how depressing it is seeing the bird in that beautiful state and knowing how far I have to go to get it back to that.

post-3870-1175636302.jpg

post-3870-1175636349.jpg

post-3870-1175636421.jpg

I've ridden in some pretty heavy rains with mine and they did a great job of staying dry. Rode a lot of miles at 2 x 5 over and the covers stayed put.

I must be undereducated...what is 2 X 5 over???

120 :icon_whistle:

or

140 :icon_whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update I got the new covers today and it came with a bonus surprise gift of a nelson riggs t-shirt very cool for a v-twin t-shirt.

So I would have to give these guys two thumbs up for a quality product with amazing customer care.

Whats that thing on your kick stand?? Is it to make the bike stand more upright while on the side stand? :icon_scratchhead:

If so Why?

The side stand was cut by Demon(used to be his bike) for the bike to be lowered and a little to much was removed so the block was added to get it back to the right lean angle.

Works pretty well but I ordered a new kick stand and I'm raising the bike back up most of the way.