CBR1100XX.org Forum

Rainy weekend maintenance

Jaygermeister

Not much to do on a rainy day but work on the bike, much needed work I should say. I replaced both sprockets, CCT, and an oil change. New chain was put on last week at the shop when I got my new tires.

Anyone ever use a EK 530ZVX Xring Gold chain before?? Or am I the first?

Wore out old chains must rob the Bird of HP I seem to be floating the font wheel In 2nd gear more :grin: :grin:

20039218269694065013094.jpg

Aluminium sprockets suck

20039213153340512025636.jpg

I'm missing 25 teeth out of 45 :shock: :shock: :shock:

20039212309310688749148.jpg

20039218322304853869324.jpg

20039217049960286734129.jpg

The only problem I had today is I broke off the top bolt on the cluch release cylinder :banghead: Everything seems to work ok! I rode a few miles in the rain to make sure the cluch would work alright and it did.............. Has this happened to anyone?... or is it just me? Hope it holds!!

20039217525414944827927.jpg

If you have never seen the CCT or know where its at .......... here ya go.

20039215693506913092498.jpg

20039217758051709666452.jpg

....... oh nice more rain....................... lets see what I can Fu(k with next

Jay

PS: Terry you may have another rider going to the Texxt if work pans out!!!! maybe

The only problem I had today is I broke off the top bolt on the cluch release cylinder  Everything seems to work ok! I rode a few miles in the rain to make sure the cluch would work alright and it did.............. Has this happened to anyone?... or is it just me? Hope it holds!!  

I did this. i rode it ok for about 10k miles. Then one day I was routinely tugging and pushing on things as a safety check and realized when the bike was warm/hot, and i pulled in the clutch lever the dang slave cylinder (that thing that is missing a bolt now) would 'lever' or move outward where the bolt was missing!

needless to say, i dug in there, got the broke bolt out, put a new one in (ron ayers) and all is happy now :grin:

i'm sure at first it didn't move like that, but i'm sure after time it loosened! i'd fix it and then not have to worry 'bout it :wink:

COOL......... I plan on ordering a new bolt ASAP but won't have it fixed by next weekend, and I don't want to take it apart just in case I have a hard time getting the stud out ..... I want to ride next weekend.

Thanks

Jay

Aluminium sprockets suck

20039213153340512025636.jpg

I'm missing 25 teeth out of 45    :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  

They do?! Should I not get one? I'm ordering new chain and sprockets this week. Aluminum rear with Titan Tough Hardening...

is this what you got for your chain?

<<Part#: 13-DID-VMX530ZVM

KneeDraggers' Price:

$124.00

>>

http://www.kneedraggers.com/index.php?part...3-DID-VMX530ZVM

i will be needing a new chain shortly :grin:

p.s. you are prolly cool riding it between now and next weekend as most of that 10k that i rode it was with a lot of shifting during commuting :shock:

is this what you got for your chain?  

<<Part#: 13-DID-VMX530ZVM  

No its an EK chain...... "EK 530ZVX 120 XRING GOLD Grand Prix Z-ring chain. Specially designed for racing and high performance. state of the art technology combined with the finest materials available and percision construction result in the ultimate motercycle chain The light weight Grand Prix series delivers incredible durability, tensil, fatigue and impact strength required for high performance and racing uses" ...... thats what the box said.................. the only reason I got this chain is caus they had it in stock.

bar10da, all I know is they don't last I had around 8K on mine. ...that whole aluminum rear with Titan Tough Hardening sounds kinda cool though.

Jay

duh, okay, so i can't read. :shock:

how about this, from parts411.com:

EK 530ZVX X 120 LNK GOLD

Part No.: K530ZVX120-PU

PARTS411 Price: $138.63

Retail: $168.70

http://www.parts411.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&...=21487&CATID=23

is that a good price? where did you get yours?

I just installed the DID ZVM530 last weekend. That is what comes on the BIRD stock. Made for bikes over 1000 cc. Only thing is it does not have the Gold side bars. I was told the standard VM530 as recommended for the 954 will work just fine and it has the gold sides but the ZVM is a higher tensil(sp) strength. I went with the best I could find.

Also I believe you should always go with Steel sprockets. About the same price as the hardened aluminum ones but last alot longer. Aluminum sprockets are for racers that want to lose weight. The aluminum are lighter by a few grams, not sure how many but makes no difference on the bird. With the Bird's power you need strength. Stick with the steel sprockets like stock ones are.

Part No.: K530ZVX120-PU  

PARTS411 Price: $138.63  

Retail: $168.70  

138.63 is cheaper than the 160 I payed.......... This is the strongest chain EK sales. (so I was told)

http://www.ekchain.com/

Also I believe you should always go with Steel sprockets. About the same price as the hardened aluminum ones but last alot longer. Aluminum sprockets are for racers that want to lose weight. The aluminum are lighter by a few grams, not sure how many but makes no difference on the bird. With the Bird's power you need strength. Stick with the steel sprockets like stock ones are.

Amen.............. a few grams loss on the Bird will do nothing, if power to weight is the goal................. go on a diet :lol::lol::lol:

This still tells the story..............

Jay