CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front Fender Extender

TimXX

I took a look at the front part of my bike and noticed that the radiator has a row of dented fins, and the plastic below that has tar and gravel dings. It seems that the fender kicks up crap into the radiator.

Is there an extender that stops this from happening?

TimXX

But be forwarned,its possible it won't fit. I'm not the only one here who has this problem but my fender has a twist to it right from the mold and the extender rubs on one side,had to remove it in my case. How the hell are you Tim? Have not talked much with you since our last ride and Cody was real busy so we were unable to chat much. Hope all is well, Jeff

Hi XXers,

Thanks for all the info. I have sent queries to Jaws and David Cork.

BTW: Jeff- do you still have the Fenda Extenda you bought- and do you want to sell it?

Hi Jeff- how have you and Susan been doing? Here is my latest riding news.

I have been riding a lot lately. Went to the Kelowna Sport Bike Rally and had a great ride with people there. Unfortunately, I got a flat on my rear tire and had to plug it temporarliy, and then buy a rear Pilot Sport for a LOT of money in order to make it back to Vancouver.

I just got back from a week ride down the Oregon Coast with an old friend of mine who just bought a BMW 1200GT. Had a good ride but he rides a bit slower than me.

On the way back I visited with another old friend in Bremerton. He is a HOG rider, and I joined him and 4 other piglets on a ride to Anacortes for the Oyster Run yesterday. These guys are SO SLOW that they do not excede the speed limit. I got so frustrated that when I HAD to pass one of them, I cranked my bike in 2nd and pulled a 20 meter wheelie. Unfortunately, Barbara did not expect it and when the bike front hit the ground, she banged her helmet into mine. This scratched the visor on her helmet and I have to buy a new one for her- it was still worth it.

The Oyster Run is basically 50,000 bikes parked in town, queues [line up for you Yanks] for everything form bars to food to the very expensive T-shirts. AND- a loooong traffic jam leaving Anacortes until we got to Route 5- and it was HOT. So Sunday ws the worst riding day of the trip.

BTW2: with all my frustration with changing preload on the stock shock, I decided to order one with remote hydraulic preload from Hyperpro. I have been using their front and rear springs and have been very happy with it. However, I set the preload for dual riding [and it is very confidence inspiring- I definitley recommend them]; and have been using this setting for solo also [much too stiff]. I should get this in 2 or 3 weeks. This shock has adjustable rebound and comp. damping also. Hyperpro emailed me a form asking for my weights when riding solo and also when touring with a passenger and all my bags. They will set up the shock for this range. Hopefully, this will improve the comfort and handling even more. I am still pissed at Honda for putting such a stupid set of front and rear suspension pieces on this bike-what are they thinking?

BTW3: I took the suggestions people gave me re: windscreens and bought a Cheetah SST form National Cycle. This screen is a bit SMALLER and LOWER than my stock screen [2002], but has a flip up. It is a bit noisier for me, but Barbara is now comfortable even up to 100 mph. However, she just bought a new helmet, so we are not sure if that is the reason for the improvement. So- next I will put back the stock screen and we will compare it for her with her new helmet.

That's my news.

Still- this bike is wonderful to ride under all kinds of circumstances. Glad I bought it. I just have to buy more pieces to fit my circumstances.

Tim,

I think I may have ridden past you in Anacortes, I waved at a guy riding two up on a Titanium bird, was that you?

No kid'n about how hot, crowded, and congested (traffic) at the event was.

I too blew by more than a few Hardleys, only lofted the front tire a couple times.

Tim2

Hi Toxxic Tim2,

My Bird is Red [see my Avatar]. I must have waved to 500 bikes, a few of them Birds- so all my wavees and wavers :shock: are a blur. Sorry I missed you.

The people I rode with said they [we] will NEVER do this again- this is the 3rd time we have been there as a group and the 3rd time we have said that.

In my opinion, the Kelowna Sportbike Rally was more fun. It lasted 3 days,we got to ride fast with other bikers on curvy roads, got breakfast and a BBQ [though the beef was TOUGH], and got a T-shirt. Plus there were door prizes- including a KAw 600. All for $45 Canadian. The Oyster Run was just a parking lot full of bikes: and it cost me $22US for a T-shirt, $5 for Oysters [had to have them], and $10 for beer [definitely had to have that].

Such is life.

BTW: Jeff- do you still have the Fenda Extenda you bought- and do you want to sell it? Hi Jeff- how have you and Susan been doing?  

Yes I have it still,my fender really took a beating during that extended 150mph run in Cody and may replace with one that has not been sand blasted. We both are fine,you know you could drop in once in awhile,christ you been close by a number of times.Your always welcome to spend a night when passing through.Later,Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi XXers,

I finally bought a Fenda Extenda, Shrooms and a 100 watt bulb from Jaws. John was great with working out shipping etc. The only problem is that using Paypal, I got a bad conversion rate from Canadian to US dollars and then John had to get US dollars converted to Pounds. Seems silly for a Canuck to buy from a Brit and use Yankee dollars.

BTW: David Cork also answered my questions promptly, and his price was about the same as Jaws. I just picked JAws because he had other stuff that I wanted and he included these with the same shipping cost.

The Extenda went on easily but I had to file off the screws on the inside because I was paranoid they might rub on the tire [my fender is also on cockeyed-are they all?].

I haven't yet put on the 100 watt bulb- any suggestions re reducing the chance of burning wires, etc?

TimXX