CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fulmer Modus helmet

SGT Ski

I'm thinking of getting one of these. anyone here have any experience with them. I have one fulmer and like it but I know there is a big difference in the fit and finish of a modular helmet.

Fulmer Modus link

You'll definitely want to try one on before buying. The only modular that fit me right is the Nolan X1002, and the N102 will fit with minor modification. I haven't tried the Fulmer or the new Shoei. Most modulars are lacking in chin room or are very heavy. How much does it cost?

50 bucks at the local bike shop it fit fine but I was more worried about wind noise water leaks etc. I did notice that it was a bit heavier than my Fulmer Joust, or my scorpion.

I'm probably going to buy it for the price it's worth a try.

I have one currently and love it. have had it for 2 years now. just a tad noisy.

but over all the best fit helmet i have owned.

i have a long narrow head though and having a hard time getting one that fits right.

overall i give it a 9.

best for the money.

Erik

I noticed that my fulmer is louder than my icon. But not that much

How does it do in the rain any leaking around the flip face?

i forgot to add that.

no rode with it in downpoor and no leaks of course until you forget its rainning and flip it up :icon_rolleyes:

Erik

$50?? Damn that's cheap. I'd be more worried about the latching mechanism that anything else. Put it on and close it up then grab the chin bar and yank on it, beat it, etc... make sure it latches securely.

I had pretty much made up my mind on getting it but I had read the horror stories about leaks and horrible wind noise on the modulars that is mainly what had me worried.

I have one of these Jarow helmets. http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessori...met_comparison/

The integrated sunglasses are cool, but the it doesn't really fit me all that well. If fact I've never ridden with it. Then again I just bought a new Arai at the Cycle show.

The modulars are noisier than a full face, but I always have either ear plugs or have music playing so the noise doesn't bother me. My N102 Nolan would leak lightly in heavy rains. Not sure about the X1002 as I haven't ridden in the rain yet. For $50 it's certainly worth trying out.

I picking it up on the way home from work tonight called them this morning and let them know it was sold. Gotta love mom and pop bike shops with a military discount.