CBR1100XX.org Forum

Installed Dave's peg lowering brackets today!

Toynut

I had some interference with the side stand. I solved it by gluing a thin strip

of nylon to the sidestand where it hits the stop. Only needed about 1/16" to

move the end of the sidestand enough to no longer hit the bracket.

I thought I posted that the sidestand touches the bracket/peg, I never posted any fixes as I never had any vibes from it or anything.

Just make sure the spring is tweaked enough so that the sidestand dosent push it up when at a stoplight.

Dave

I had some interference with the side stand. I solved it by gluing a thin strip

of nylon to the sidestand where it hits the stop. Only needed about 1/16" to

move the end of the sidestand enough to no longer hit the bracket.

+1. I used Gorilla Glue to glue a small piece of plastic at the same place.

This from the other thread Side Stand Fix

As far as the levers go - The gear lever I just moved one notch down but I had problems with my size 14 foot getting under the shift lever because of the side stand. I did think about grinding off the little tang sticking out the side of it but decided instead to put a small bolt in the back near the pivot point to stop the side stand coming up too far, I also unbolted the side stand and put a couple of washers under the front on the bolt to cant the side stand inward to the exhaust, I may end up fabricating a wedge shaped plate to make it neater :icon_think:

EDIT: I may look at putting more washers or a big wedge under the sidestand mount as I have found that I have grounded the sidestand foot a couple of times on tight slow corners :icon_eek:

Para, would you be able to post some pics please , once the new mod is successful?

I am not overly aggressive in the corners, but......I would certainly not want to grind off any parts of the bike that weren't meant to be (peg feelers...OK).

• 1 year later...
Para, would you be able to post some pics please , once the new mod is successful?

I am not overly aggressive in the corners, but......I would certainly not want to grind off any parts of the bike that weren't meant to be (peg feelers...OK).

Here ya go Toynut - Only a year late but hey we don't have a winter like yours that lets you do all your mods we just ride :icon_biggrin::icon_evilgrin:

OK but I am definitely getting a bike lift as today I was mucking around taking off my peg lowering brackets to put a grub screw in them to take out some of the slop to the pegs and made up a tapered shim for under the SS to pivot it back towards the exhaust and I was fucked after it from crawling around on the floor

Some pics - 1) SS Spacer Screw, 2) Exhaust to SS tip ~100mm (stock), 3) Exhaust to SS tip ~85mm (with 6mm tapered shim), 4) Exhaust to SS tip ~73mm (with 6mm tapered shim + washer), 5) SS Shim 1, 6) SS Shim 2, 7) SS Shim 3

gallery_2722_589_112185.jpg,

gallery_2722_589_458779.jpg,

gallery_2722_589_2549.jpg,

gallery_2722_589_419997.jpg,

gallery_2722_589_81672.jpg,

gallery_2722_589_99490.jpg,

gallery_2722_589_150014.jpg,

Jeff hooked me up by welding a big metal turd on the side of mine. Works perfect. If you have a welder just tack something on it or blob some metal on there for that Custom Chopper look.

Drilled a hole near the pivot and ran a small screw into it. I haven't dragged my sidestand yet.

I did :icon_eek:

That is why I put the washers on to kick the stand closer to the exhaust and just made it neater with the Ali shim :icon_think:

Jeff hooked me up by welding a big metal turd on the side of mine. Works perfect. If you have a welder just tack something on it or blob some metal on there for that Custom Chopper look.

+1 ... sorta :icon_rolleyes::icon_biggrin: I just put a pencil eraser size dot on the sidestand with a mig welder and filed it almost back off again...as stated, it doesn't take much...maybe 1/16" to 3/32" tops. A squirt of gloss black paint covers all the evil indicators of it having been modded.