CBR1100XX.org Forum

5000 miles and now cam chain noise!!?

XXblitzkreg

I've got a 2002 XX with just 5000 miles. I've noticed the 4500 rpm "cam chain buzz" that I've read about. It's really pretty annoying, takes away from the smoothness of the engine. Going to wait till after Biketoberfest before taking it to the dealer. Is this normal for the XX after it breaks in good? Will they (HONDA) replace it or just wait till it goes?

Thanks

Brett

If Honda will cover it under warranty (free) then get it done. If not dont let them touch it. You can buy the CCT for under $30.00 and replace it yourself in less than an hour. 15 minutes if you are fast. Easy job that even I can do. Email Joe about the X11 CCT and see if he can get you the better X11 one.

Honda will charge you an arm and a leg for nothing. Buy it and do it yourself.

If Honda will cover it under warranty (free) then get it done. If not dont let them touch it. You can buy the CCT for under $30.00 and replace it yourself in less than an hour. 15 minutes if you are fast. Easy job that even I can do. Email Joe about the X11 CCT and see if he can get you the better X11 one.

Honda will charge you an arm and a leg for nothing. Buy it and do it yourself.

Who is Joe?