CBR1100XX.org Forum

Breather/Vac Lines Off Tank Help

xxexcess

in the process of doing the plugs and air filter, having taken the tank off (98 carb) i have got a small bore Y shaped hose that goes onto the tank and then goes under the bike, but i still have one part of this Y pipe that doen't seem to connect to anything, any ideas??? is it simply a breather for the tank/overflow??

Oh and the plugs are easy to do with tank off, the original honda plug tool, 1/4 sq drive 10mm socket.

thanks

iain

On mine there's the vacuum tube from the cylinder head to BACK of the petcock The fat tube is the overflow and just hangs down, and there's a smaller (same size as the vacuum tube) that also just hangs down from the tank.

On mine there's the vacuum tube from the cylinder head to BACK of the petcock The fat tube is the overflow and just hangs down, and there's a smaller (same size as the vacuum tube) that also just hangs down from the tank.

If by "BACK" you mean front, you're right on Brett. :icon_stickpoke:

IPB Image

If by "BACK" you mean front, you're right on Brett. :icon_stickpoke:

IPB Image

Damn busted :icon_doh:

How's this... don't hook the vacuum line to the port coming out of the bottom of the petcock :icon_lol:

Thanks so i guess the other part of y tube is simply a breather

iain

I have the tank off my 97'. I have a tee connector on the vacum line but it is/was for the scott oiler(which I am removing) there are no other 'T' or 'y' connections.......... as per the diagram .

good luck with it.

mack

Having now checked this out further, it seems my Y pipe is absolutely right however there is no answer as to Y it's like this, thanks guys for the help

iain

maybe breathing is different in england?......

• 2 months later...
Having now checked this out further, it seems my Y pipe is absolutely right however there is no answer as to Y it's like this, thanks guys for the help

iain

On the pics on US models the bottom tap it says nothing, but the T on the breather on

European models goes to the tap on the bottom of the petcock.

post-2671-1174168197.jpg

• 13 years later...

And, even if everything's connected properly gas will only flow while you're cranking so it'll take a moment to re-fill the carbs, if they sat long enough to dry out.