CBR1100XX.org Forum

Now this is a fucking miter saw!

SwampNut

I compared to the Dewalt 718, and this has more of everything for about the same price.

http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertools/pro...lsh/c12lsh.html

Not a bad saw although I don't go much on all this extra bullshit like lasers etc :icon_think: Also the turntable and outer tables are a bit small If you cut wide boards etc a lot :icon_think:

I can't seem to find saws with large tables any more. They all recommend an add-on table or rig, which I'll probably get. Hitachi makes a nice looking, very configurable miter station.

The laser...not sure if I'll use that. The idea sounds good. Sometimes I fuck around a lot with getting an exact cut for critical stuff like a picture frame. What's your method for critical cuts? The digital angle readouts...maybe I'm just a digital junkie, but I like the idea of just seeing the angle at a glance. They make a very similar saw without the gizmos for about $60 less, but for that small difference, I'd take the gizmos.

Oh, and it's rated to cut 4x16" (dim lumber) at 90 degrees, which is just awesome. I'd like to use my table saw less often. The miter is just so much faster to set up and just cut.

Carlos,

I built my work bench with a cutout that fits my miter saw. When I place the saw in the cutout, the surface of my workbench is flush with the deck of the saw. This makes it very easy to cut long/heavy boards or long pieces of molding. When not using the saw, a piece of plywood fits over the cutout, making the workbench surface continous again.

I have the Dewalt sliding compound miter saw and absolutely love it. I'm sure the Hitachi you're considering is fine as well. The key to a good miter saw is the adjustability and precision of the deck and blade/motor mounting.

HTH

I can't seem to find saws with large tables any more. They all recommend an add-on table or rig, which I'll probably get. Hitachi makes a nice looking, very configurable miter station.

By table size I mean the width front to back, not on the sides, when cutting wide boards or pieces of board with the blade layed over to the side I like to have it sitting as flat as possible and the size of the turntable and side tables looks a bit narrow compared to my Makita from the other thread, but then if you are mainly using it for picture frames etc then it should be OK :icon_think:

The laser...not sure if I'll use that. The idea sounds good. Sometimes I fuck around a lot with getting an exact cut for critical stuff like a picture frame. What's your method for critical cuts? The digital angle readouts...maybe I'm just a digital junkie, but I like the idea of just seeing the angle at a glance. They make a very similar saw without the gizmos for about $60 less, but for that small difference, I'd take the gizmos.

When cuttin stuff like picture frames I always use a piece of scrap ply etc to make a replaceable back fence, cut all the angles on one end ( checking angles with a sliding bevel and protractor ) then flip them around, set up a stop on the back board and start docking to length. If the stop is set correctly for the first one then the rest should be right :icon_wink:

Oh, and it's rated to cut 4x16" (dim lumber) at 90 degrees, which is just awesome. I'd like to use my table saw less often. The miter is just so much faster to set up and just cut.

Hitachi invented slide compound mitre saws, their designed for carpenters on the go every day, soft start motors draw less amps then dewalt's and others, you can tell by watching the lights dim from different makers. The lasers are great especially for crown moldings and wide boards if you are following a pencil line. You can adjust them side to side to accomodate different width blades and cut on the right or left of the line. You might consider a used craftsman 12" radial arm saw for a permanent bench installation, they never get used much after christmas and sell cheap, compliment that with a ten inch hitachi slide saw for quicky's.

I DO cut alotta shit! :icon_biggrin:

post-3700-1168257283_thumb.jpg

post-3700-1168257388_thumb.jpg

post-3700-1168257437_thumb.jpg

post-3700-1168257504_thumb.jpg

post-3700-1168257590_thumb.jpg

Hitachi HAS been weird lately though, that 12" slide saw is a good example, alot of their products this past two years looks gay! All these graphics and colors. No straight carpenter would dare show up on a construction site with that crap. :icon_think: I got lots of Old Hitachi Stuff, green.

God damn, that is some nice wood work. Holy shit, you have talent. I would love to drop a deuce in one of those stalls. I couldn't be sure from the pics, but are the doors laminated from 1" strips? What type of wood is that?

The new Hitachi graphics are retarded. It makes me think less of their tools. On the other hand, they have incorporated soft rubber into the right places as part of the graphics so the handles feel nice and do work.

God damn, that is some nice wood work. Holy shit, you have talent. I would love to drop a deuce in one of those stalls. I couldn't be sure from the pics, but are the doors laminated from 1" strips? What type of wood is that?

The new Hitachi graphics are retarded. It makes me think less of their tools. On the other hand, they have incorporated soft rubber into the right places as part of the graphics so the handles feel nice and do work.

Its all Bamboo Plywood 3/4" @ $290.00 a sheet, w done cut up about 250 sheets so far.