CBR1100XX.org Forum

Peg lowering brackets

davesXX01

1. Remove peg from bike, keep all old parts!

[attachmentid=5269]

2. Remove or trim feeler! Ground clearance is greatly lowered while cornering. IE: Not for track use or spirited canyon carving!

3. You can if you want, bend spring as shown in pic for greater peg return with brackets (suggested!)

[attachmentid=5267]

4. Install correct sided bracket using the original clevis pin to bike.

[attachmentid=5268]

5. Attach original peg to bracket using supplyed clevis pin and washer

[attachmentid=5270]

6. Test for peg swing and return, adjust spring if nessessary.

7. Repeat for other side.

8. Ride and enjoy!

Install notes:

These were made with very close (tight) tolerances. Clevis pin may be hard to get through, but it will go.

If you cant get it through try it without the spring on, or slightly tilt peg/bracket up some when installing.

Spring tension has caused some to think that these will not fit.

If the angle of the foot bracket is not to your liking when installed, slightly file the 2 little tabs on the back of the bracket that touch the frame.

Dales (Warchild) install pics here:

http://www.cbrxx.com/general-cbr-xx-discus...an-explain.html

Install questions? Post them here.

Ordering questions in the "for sale section" please.

Dave

post-1315-1164906672_thumb.jpg

post-1315-1164906801_thumb.jpg

post-1315-1164906865_thumb.jpg

post-1315-1164907020_thumb.jpg

Hi Dave, I just want to know if I'm on your list for a set. Let me know what else I need to do to secure a set. Thanks, Ron

• 1 month later...

Dave,

Got my lowering brackets today; they look great! With some minor filing of the OE foot rest to get the angle I wanted they bolted right up. Now I just need some warmer weather, eh!

Thanks for all the effort you put into this.

Kev

I got my brackets yesterday already, thanks Dave!

I found that the hole in the bracket is not the problem it's that my factory pin is bent. Must have stood on the pegs too much through the years.

I got it bolted up fine but the brake pedal is now too high. I removed the whole assembly and cut the stud shorter and removed the lock nut. Now with the stud threaded untill its nut is on the U bracket I hope it's low enough now. Haven't ridden it yet.

For the left I also shimed the sidestand with a piece of plastic glued on at the pivot point so when it retracts it's just short of touching the footpeg. I used Gorilla glue so far it's holding.

With my now 7/8ths in. long feelers I'm not really limited in the corners. The feelers just drag more, where before I barely ever touched down. The rear tire is completely used, and the front Pirelli Strada is used right up to just touching the pitchforks.

So now more comfort with no negative side.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Here's my install. I think I have them correct. There was no diagram, and this looks like the best fit. On neither side does the spring seem to work right, but I can't make out from the other pics here how to adjust the springs so they work with this modification.

*EDIT*

Never mind. I didn't realize the pics up top could be zoomed in on (I got thumbnails when I clicked that didn't show much).

Question, for the shifter, those who adjusted it to compensate for the lower peg, by how much did you adjust it?

I haven't bothered.... but it's a pretty simple adjustment. Pull the 10mm bolt that holds it in place, pull it off, rotate it up/down until it looks about right, put the bolt back in.

• 9 months later...

The Hurricane has these funky things to work around. I'm thinking of picking up an extra set to chop in case I want to put it back to stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CBR10...sQ5fAccessories

Should have been doing this over the weekend....

Spoot, ....other thread?

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...wering+brackets