CBR1100XX.org Forum

K&N Air Filters

blkbrdrydr

I had the K&N with stock cans and it ran fine. Exhaust was dark both inside and around the ends.

I drilled the stock cans up the center with a hole saw + extension bar AND I drilled holes matched to the fake holes at the rear of the can.

The sound is nice, the exhaust is tan, and I'm very happy. RWHP was 135 on a hot day. The torque line was nice and flat.

The shop had two other birds in their db with after market exhaust and power commanders. Neither hit 135 and both had dips and lumps in the torque curve.

The shop's recommendation: "Don't touch a thing."

I had the K&N with stock cans and it ran fine. Exhaust was dark both inside and around the ends.

I drilled the stock cans up the center with a hole saw + extension bar AND I drilled holes matched to the fake holes at the rear of the can.

The sound is nice, the exhaust is tan, and I'm very happy. RWHP was 135 on a hot day. The torque line was nice and flat.

The shop had two other birds in their db with after market exhaust and power commanders. Neither hit 135 and both had dips and lumps in the torque curve.

The shop's recommendation: "Don't touch a thing."

Was yours FI or carb and did drilling the pipes affect your mileage :icon_think:

Just like the stock filter except it will let more dust into your motor. No need for any modifications to the fuel system as it doesn't flow any more air than the stock filter.

But that's not what the commercial says :icon_angel:

You can't beat the stock filter. It's good for at least 20,000 miles under normal conditions, and costs 28 bucks. You toss it drop in a new one and you'll probably sell it before you need to do it again.

I had a peice of crap K&N and it made the bird run crappy! :icon_evil: To me it was a waste because it never fits flush even after taking the ring, and like he said it lets more dirt in your engine.. After I went back to stock the bike ran fine, more power and evertything... If you want one that bad I will sell you mine.. :icon_biggrin: Also, with the factory filter you can usually clean it after a few miles and re insert it, that is what I did to mine..

I had a peice of crap K&N and it made the bird run crappy! :icon_evil: To me it was a waste because it never fits flush even after taking the ring, and like he said it lets more dirt in your engine.. After I went back to stock the bike ran fine, more power and evertything... If you want one that bad I will sell you mine.. :icon_biggrin: Also, with the factory filter you can usually clean it after a few miles and re insert it, that is what I did to mine..

Yep blow it off with the air hose.