CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hi Mount Exhaust

Opus X

Since I put the bird down and damaged the left side exhaust can I thought this would be a great time to upgrade. I really like the look and sound of Hindles Hi Mount but trying to get a system is like pulling teeth. Parts Unlimited is telling Mike Barth at University Motors that it isn't available (even after giving them the part #s!), Street and Comp is telling me anywhere from 5-8 weeks! Hindle says "sorry, you have to buy from Parts Unlimited or Street and Comp."

The bike has been down for a little over two weeks now and it looks like its going to be at least 10 more days due to backordered body panels. For you guys that live where you have "winter" that may not be too bad but here in sunny Tucson the weather doesn't get much better for riding. I could ride with a bashed up exhaust but... I really take pride in how the 'bird looks.

Anybody have any experience in having a custom mid-pipe made? How about another avenue to buy the Hindles?

Also a BIG Thank You to Tjvulvula & JuXXtin for all their help.

If I have to drive a cage much longer I'm gonna kill someone :icon_evil: with the bike I can just leave all the assholes behind!

Tim

Dale Walker from Holeshot performance makes killer systems for Yamaha V-Maxes, FZ-1's and Suzuki Bandits. I contacted him about making a high mount system for the BlackBird and he said all he needed was for someone to loan him a bike for him to take all the measurements from. I started a thread a few weeks ago to see if anyone out his way would be willing to loan out their bikes and the last time I checked the thread a few were thinking about it.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=39873

• 2 weeks later...

Dale Walker from Holeshot performance makes killer systems for Yamaha V-Maxes, FZ-1's and Suzuki Bandits. I contacted him about making a high mount system for the BlackBird and he said all he needed was for someone to loan him a bike for him to take all the measurements from. I started a thread a few weeks ago to see if anyone out his way would be willing to loan out their bikes and the last time I checked the thread a few were thinking about it.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=39873

Any movement on this topic? As I am intrested in his product as well......

We seem to have this question come up regularly, but Hindle already makes a hi-mount setup for the XX.

Tjvulvula has the prototype mounted on his bike, and it looks sweet as hell, not to mention sounds better than the MIG, IMO.

Here's the link: Hindle Hi-Mount

I called them recently. 800-326-5487.

They do a la carte orders so you order exactly what you want.

These prices may not be valid any more but just to give you an idea. They are from a month or so ago.

Stealth baffle:

Round Carbon Fiber - $439/can

Oval Carbon Fiber - $518/can

Race baffle:

Round Anodized Alum - $279/can

Oval Anodized Alum - $359/can

The midpipes are $319/pr

I also have a note here that says: Greg x203 - Street and Competition.

Not sure if that helps.

We seem to have this question come up regularly, but Hindle already makes a hi-mount setup for the XX.

Tjvulvula has the prototype mounted on his bike, and it looks sweet as hell, not to mention sounds better than the MIG, IMO.

Here's the link: Hindle Hi-Mount

Tjvulvula, was extremely kind enough to forward me all the info he had regarding this earlier this year and I do agree it is excellent fit and finish hands down. As I am preparing for my annual winter refit in a month or so I am trying to weigh all of my exhaust system options especially since my addition of Sw- Motech hard bag brackets. With the notion of this necessary evil (hard bags) put into the equation any info regarding twin can exhaust systems high or low mount will be greatly appreciated...Lew