CBR1100XX.org Forum

aftermarket cooling fan blade?

seeten1

I was talking to a guy last night about the bird, he tells me there is an aftermarket cooling fan blade that has a different pitch and cools the bike better. It was 58 deg last night and OMG the bird was running cool as ever, but i can still remember a coulpe weks ago when it was 92 stuck in traffic and the needle creeping to the top of the H. Any input?

Steve

I have looked into a bigger better fan blade myself but have not had any luck. Muzzy makes a bunch of 5 blade fan replacement blades but they do not list one for the BIRD.

My local shop said they could take out my fan and replace the 4 bladed one with a muzzy 5 bladed one but would have to match up the width and diameter and re-drill new holes to mount it.

I am looking for a Bird fan that has stopped working and is going to be thrown out, so I can take the blade out to use as a stencil to match up with a 5 blade Muzzy blade. Then I will replace mine.

Guess I should place a want ad. in the selling thread.

Will do it now. Thanks for reminding me !!

South Florida stays mostly in the 80's and 90's all year round.

Sunny South Florida has recieved 4 inches of rain in the last two days :cool:

I have looked into a bigger better fan blade myself but have not had any luck. Muzzy makes a bunch of 5 blade fan replacement blades but they do not list one for the BIRD.

Well, funny you mention that.. I was in my local store checking things out, and Muzzy does list one (local p/n(model) of H6), buta bit pricey methinks at around $75 to 80 for a piece of aluminum... :shock:

I don't know what the actual fan blade looks like, so can't say whether it looks like it would move air better or not... :???:

The Muzzy Blades are all 5 bladed as compared to the stock at 4, I think ?? Suppose to have a slightly different angle of the dangle also for a 50% increase in air volumn I am told. I will email Muzzy tonight and hope for a reply tomarrow on details. Hope you are right on a model as direct replacement for the BIRD.

Will post results when I get them.

The Muzzy Blades are all 5 bladed as compared to the stock at 4, I think ?? Suppose to have a slightly different angle of the dangle also for a 50% increase in air volumn I am told. I will email Muzzy tonight and hope for a reply tomarrow on details. Hope you are right on a model as direct replacement for the BIRD.

Will post results when I get them.

John, all the fans I saw were 6 and 7 bladed fans... Must be because Japanese air is just inherently different, and requires special fan blades... :roll: Anyway, let us know what you find, and hey, if it turns out my price is cheaper, I think I'll start an import/export company... :wink: