CBR1100XX.org Forum

Star Cycle

I just wanted to take a moment to reiterate what a pos business this is. May they go out of business and starve. Rude fuckers. Keep in mind my dealing with them was a few years ago. I have posted about them on the previous boards but havent bothered to on this one...until now. Fuck them. They are complete dicks and I am not the only one I've heard of them being completely rude to for no reason. I think Ill go see if I can find my orginal email about them from years ago.

Here it is...

I've been lurking for a while and I hate for my first post to be negative

but....

I called StarCycle once about some tires because they never seem to

advertise their prices. The person I spoke to was completely rude for the

duration of the conversation. I had already called Chaparral to check prices

and so when the guy at Starcycle quoted me a higher price I politely said

thanks and was about to hang up when he said to hold on a sec. He then asked

me if I had gotten a lower price somewhere else and when I told him yes and

what the price was he got quiet for a minute and then he said that he would

beat the price by a few dollars if I would order right then and there BUT

that he was going to call Chaparral and verify price and availability and

only then would he honor his offer. Keep in mind that I was not trying to

talk him into this. I was going to hang up and give my business to Chaparral

who offered the best price up front rather than only giving me the price to

beat a competitor. I told him no thanks and he was once again very rude and

said something like "Well then I guess we are wasting our time huh?" and

hung up on me. So in my humble opinion they can go out of business before I

will EVER buy anything from them.

Brett

----- Original Message -----

To: <vfr@cs.wisc.edu>

Sent: Monday, December 25, 2000 5:16 AM

Subject: starcycle

> anyone have any problems with this company they seem to have pretty low

> prices on exaust systems. it's time to spend my bonus. starcycle.com.

> ------------------------------------------------------------------

> The VF/VFR mailing list--see http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr-list/

> for subscribe/unsubscribe, policy and archive information.

And the reply to that...

I had the same rude experience . I called to get an exhaust and was told 2

to 3 weeks delivery . I said no thanks I didn't want to wait . A few weeks

later I got an email saying the exhaust was in . I phoned to tell him again

that I got something else . He went on grumbling and hung up . I originally

felt bad because they did have a good price and I did pay more when I got

them but their attitude SUCKS .

Dave Gowland

• 1 month later...

Just a little positive feedback - last Friday (10/03) I ordered a new DID 530 ZVM chain and a 16t AFAM sprocket from them. I received both today (10/09) exacty as ordered. They were extremely easy to work with, they offered to cut 10 links off the 120 link chain at no charge for me.

I was very pleased with the transaction.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewtopic.p...4662&highlight=

I had a bad experience with StarCycle. They promised me an order, and two days after when it was supposed to arrive, I call them to find out the order wasn't sent yet. It was still sitting there at their shop! :evil:

• 4 months later...

I had a negative as well as positive experience with them.

Neg: I ordered a K&N AH-1199 air filter for my '99. I received an AH-1199 box with an AH-6500 filter in it.

Pos: It arrived right on time. When I called and told them what happened, he put one in the mail that afternoon and asked me if I wanted to ship the other one back to them or have UPS pick it up. As I was going to the post office anyway I told him I would send it back to them. He said OK and asked what the shipping charge on the box was. He said that he would credit me for the cost and appologized for the mistake. He was very polite and seemed genuinelly concerned when I told him there was a problem with my order. (Plus, for some reason I saved $3.42 on the shipping as it was cheaper to send it back!)

P.S.: This only stays positive if I get my new filter in a timelly fashion!)

It stays positive. I called them about the screw up Friday AM and the new one arrived Monday!

• 1 month later...

Got this email today from a fellow biker (read from bottom up):

Here is the link where I read a few posts.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~lists/archive/vfr/...2/msg01101.html

Their reply to me after I had called several times about trying to track down an order that they had put the wrong zip code in to UPS was…”next time order from MAW (motorcycle accessory warehouse) or one of the other dozen other internet sites” That’s a direct quote from my email. They said it wasn’t their fault, but who the hell sent the info to UPS? I guess they’ve got a phantom working there as well, who knows.

I’ve dealt with them once before, and they had the same piss poor attitude, but I assumed maybe the guy had a bad day. Now that I’ve had it happen again, I know different, everyday is a bad day for him. It won’t be as bad as the day they go out of business.

One of the other guys I spoke with there told me he wasn’t the one I had been talking to, and there was no customer service manager, only three of them working there.

I thought to myself…no customer service manager? NO SHIT!!!

To answer your question, yes you may repost my earlier message. Let me know the site, I’d love to see the responses to it.

The saddest part of the whole thing is, the warehouse they shipped it out of was maybe 5 miles across the stateline from where I live.

Do you ride a CBR1100XX? That is an awesome bike.

I had a 900RR I traded off last fall for a CBR 954RR.

Holler back and let me know how long you laughed at my experience with those assholes, LOL.

May I ask where you’re from? I am in Olive Branch, Mississippi. Just south of Memphis Tennessee.

Have a good one man,

Jeff

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 10:03 AM

To:

Subject: RE: hey man

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Its too bad that some jackass either runs the place or just works there and causes them to lose business. There are simply too many other places to do business for someone to put up with their attitude. Just curious what board did you read about this on? Also do you mind if I repost this on the CBR1100XX board?

Thanks,

Brett

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 8:59 AM

To: brett.roberts@eds.com

Subject: hey man

I was noticing your post on a message board about your dissatisfaction with star cycle. You are right on the money man!!!

I just got thru going rounds with them yesterday about a tire. They whined because they met a competitors price, then screwed up and sent it to a wrong zip code and said it wasn't their fault.

I sent an email to them of dissatisfaction, and they blasted me back with one telling me to basically take my business elsewhere next time.

I'll have to forward it to you if you need a good laugh.

Sorry to bother you, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one that hates their lousy business ethics and sorry customer relations.

I'm making it my goal in life to post about them on every message board I come across.

Later,

Jeff B.

I have made it one of my goals in life to post my experience with starcycle on every message board I can find.

They have the most piss poor attitude of any business I have ever come across in my life.

Thanks brett for letting me know I'm not the only one they have screwed and act like their proud of it.

If I'm going to get lip service from a company, I'd prefer it in the form of, well, I better not type that word here, but you guys know what I mean!!! LOL

Ride safe all!!!

Jeff (jrb954)

This is a quote from starcycles web page. Who are they to call dumb?

"And remember, at Starcycle there's no voicemail! No answering machines! No dumb phone operators! Just friendly riders eager to assist you. We're open 7 days."

They must have fired the polite operators!

Has any body been able to tell yet they really pissed me off? They talk about people in California, but DAAAAAAAAAAM!!!

I went through a similar experience with a chain and sprocket I ordered. If I recall correctly, Starcycle finally had it on my doorstep over two weeks from the original promised date.

• 4 months later...