CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mototech Undertail

Bandit XX

[attachmentid=3989][attachmentid=3990]Previously I posted a tire rubbing problem and now Mototeck is telling me they now know there is a problem and are going to make a new mold and send me one of the new virsions at no charge. If anyone out there has purcased the most curent under tail from Mototech, it will rub if you ride two up. Just thought I would put the word out. :icon_dance:

post-3388-1160253506_thumb.jpg

post-3388-1160253536_thumb.jpg

[attachmentid=3989][attachmentid=3990]Previously I posted a tire rubbing problem and now Mototeck is telling me they now know there is a problem and are going to make a new mold and send me one of the new virsions at no charge. If anyone out there has purcased the most curent under tail from Mototech, it will rub if you ride two up. Just thought I would put the word out. :icon_dance:

I have the Mototeck that has the 2 round tail/brake lights, I'm thinking that it's the prior generation... Regardless, haven't installed it yet so no idea on whether it'll rub...

I have the Mototeck that has the 2 round tail/brake lights, I'm thinking that it's the prior generation... Regardless, haven't installed it yet so no idea on whether it'll rub...

You might be ok my undertail has 3 strips of led's

How much did you pay for that tail??? That is sweet... And where can I get it??

I think it was around $300.00 and here is the link http://www.sportbikeeffects.com/index.html

Try hardracing.com. I just ordered mine from them and they were awesome. I got the undertail and a puig hugger (carbon fiber look) for $400 shipped. They were good to work with and will match prices - if the place you are quoting has them in stock. If you're looking for '02 accurate silver you're gonna be out of luck though as I got the last one. :icon_cool:

Just a heads up....mototech sells his NOS stock plastics to a company by the name of "Distributionjester" who sells on ebay. Last year I bought a two tail light "round light" nos undertail from this guy for , something like 100$. Yes it is the older model, but it is still sweet looking and I saved a bundle.

By the way, I had clearance issue's with the undertail when I installed my red fox hugger, this was remedied by putting a small hole thru the undertail (very front of undertail near shock) and running a zip tie from underneath into the battery comp and then putting a cut off zip end on it to hold the undertail up about 1" works like a charm, and you'd never know it was there.

[attachmentid=3989][attachmentid=3990]If anyone out there has purcased the most curent under tail from Mototech, it will rub if you ride two up. Just thought I would put the word out. :icon_dance:

Yakasuko, check this: LINKY

By the way, I had clearance issue's with the undertail when I installed my red fox hugger, this was remedied by putting a small hole thru the undertail (very front of undertail near shock) and running a zip tie from underneath into the battery comp and then putting a cut off zip end on it to hold the undertail up about 1" works like a charm, and you'd never know it was there.

I also used zip ties, but didn't want to tie in the center since that's where it rubbed, so drilled small holes on the sides and zip tied on the right and left of center. It does work like a charm and practically invisible.