CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front wheel bearings

Dotetcher

If you can be without your bike for a couple hours. Use a long screwdriver as a drift and pop your bearings and races out of the wheel. Bring them to a bearing supply store, they'll match up the numbers and give you the exact same (rebranded) bearings for half the cost.

If you can be without your bike for a couple hours. Use a long screwdriver as a drift and pop your bearings and races out of the wheel. Bring them to a bearing supply store, they'll match up the numbers and give you the exact same (rebranded) bearings for half the cost.

Thanks Mike.

That's what I usually do. The bearing distributor I use carries Nachi bearings and they match to the #'s listed in the microfiche on both the front and rear bearings. I've replaced the fronts a couple of years ago but forget which #'s they were. I wanted to pick up the bearings on lunch today so I'd have them to change after work tonight.

Thanks Mike.

That's what I usually do. The bearing distributor I use carries Nachi bearings and they match to the #'s listed in the microfiche on both the front and rear bearings. I've replaced the fronts a couple of years ago but forget which #'s they were. I wanted to pick up the bearings on lunch today so I'd have them to change after work tonight.

Generally speaking what is a sign you might need to replace them, my bike is just turning 9K and i know they have never been done, a friend of mine that had a CBR 1K told me this is a pretty routine item for replacement.

Jet

Thanks Mike.

Generally speaking what is a sign you might need to replace them, my bike is just turning 9K and i know they have never been done, a friend of mine that had a CBR 1K told me this is a pretty routine item for replacement.

Jet

25,000+ on the bird and 35,000+ on the VFR and I have yet to change either...

• 1 year later...

48,000+ on my 97---bearings are still excellent-----unless you are suspecting bearings are the cause of some problem---just check them closely for smooth rolling when you change tires---if they roll smooth, your good to go---happy trails kel