CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI problem...help please

panduhan1602

firtsly, just forgive me if i write in the wrong department, i just a beginner in this.

i just wanna ask about my cbr 1100xx, there has a problem in PGM FI ( light is on in Fi indicator) and it make impact in 1 until 3 rpm when i accelerate it , what i suppose to do? please give me some suggestion, thanks alot

firtsly, just forgive me if i write in the wrong department, i just a beginner in this.

i just wanna ask about my cbr 1100xx, there has a problem in PGM FI ( light is on in Fi indicator) and it make impact in 1 until 3 rpm when i accelerate it , what i suppose to do? please give me some suggestion, thanks alot

Sorry, Can't help you there. On my bike it means the sidestand is down.

Welcome to the forum anyway. Stick around after you get your response. Someone here will have an answer for you.

marty

I had the same problem on my 00 Blackbird. I went into the loom and cleaned out the connectors, then reconnected them. I then resealed the connection so that no type of moisture could get inside... I don't know if this exactly your problem, but it is a known problem with the 99-00 Blackbird. Here is a link that will maybe help you.... Let me know if you need anymore help!!!! :icon_biggrin:

http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/foru...ead.php?t=16438

when the FI light comes on, come to a complete stop with the bike running and FI light on

- put bike in neutral and then put down kickstand with bike still running

- FI light will flash the code of the sensor or injector that is reporting a problem to the computer

- FI light will be long or sustained flash, then shorter, quicker flashes. Count longer flashes then shorter ones. The bike will repeat them over and over till you turn off the bike. For example, if you get code 25, it's 2 long flashes followed by 5 short, fast ones.

- do a search for "EFI codes" on this site, under search on the top right of the page

if your XX is a 1999 or 2000, search the site for "wiring loom" and try that if the codes don't reveal what the problem is.

I second Yakasuko's post. I have a 1999 and I had issues with my FI light not coming full-on, but flickering on and off, but not flashing in a pattern. At only one time, I had not power between signal light flashes while changing lanes.

http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/foru...ead.php?t=16438

This article is gold. I did the same thing using this as a guide and it worked like a charm. I did NOT solder my connections, only cleaned the corrosion connector boxes. I also found corrosion in the other connectors around the battery compartment. I would highly recommend cleaning these out on any year or model of bike.

Tim

I'm doing this fix this weekend. FI light has come up a couple of times for no apparent reason (99 model)

Most probably I'll hardwire the bastid.

Good luck. Just have some patience and it should go smoothly. The loom itself isn't exposed very well but once you start cutting into the connector and loosening it from the loom, it's easy to work on. Tip: I used a very small piece of sandpaper on the flatter connectors and a toothbrush when I cleaned. Also, some spray electrical sealant is a good thing to put on the connections when they're done, soldered or just cleaned.

Tim

• 3 months later...

THANKS :icon_clap: for all of the good information about this commonly known "loom problem" for the 1999 and 2000 fuel injected Blackbirds. I too was having the FI light problem. I cut out the loom and put the wires together without solder.

Took it out for a ride and it nearly died on me on the Interstate. Creeped back home. Charged the battery fully, then tested the R/R and the stator (another EXTREMELY helpful thread here). Both were fine.

Unhooked the battery, revisited my loom wires with solder this time. Covered them back up and zip tied them.

Went out for a ride with ZERO problems.

Without this forum, I'd been cursing Honda and at the mercy of the dealership.

Now I know Honda had a bad design flaw; I know how to test to rule things out and I can counteract the bad design.

:icon_dance:

Woo-freakin-hoo!