CBR1100XX.org Forum

Replacement Oil Filter

VFR

Is there a commonly available oil filter available as a replacement for the XX? Preferably NOT Fram.

Surely many on this list have found a substitute for the Honda Filter. Or if not, why not?

Inquiring minds and all that.....

Guest rockmeupto125

Is there a commonly available oil filter available as a replacement for the XX? Preferably NOT Fram.

Surely many on this list have found a substitute for the Honda Filter. Or if not, why not?

Inquiring minds and all that.....

Sigh. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_pray:

Search is your friend. :icon_evilgrin:

Try this one I found doing a search. There's a lot of good information in it. :icon_dance:

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...ilter&st=20

I am officially going to have to apologize to PhantomX. He knows why.

Yes, follow Joe's link.

If you are too lazy to follow Joe's link (showing a tendancy there), Purolator Pure One PL14612 at any auto parts store.

Guest rockmeupto125

Thanks for the info, guys. I actually did a search before posting as I was sure this topic comes up probably way too often. I used OIL FILTER as the search criteria. Bad move on my part.

Comically enough, the title for the thread that I linked you to was "OIL FILTER."

Consider that here in the garage, you'll have the terms "oil" and "filter" in abundance. You can narrow that search considerably by specifying that you want both terms--- "+oil +filter" to be in the search, not just one or the other. Sometimes you have to be a bit inventive with search functions...and wade through some chaff. And then sometimes you just get lucky.

Check this out!! The why witch filter is good and bad!!!

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/index.shtml

Stephen

Izzit for sale?

MMMMM, good ?, I'm not sure b/c I bought it 2 years ago and it cost a bit b/c of the $ exchange rate and the duty. You'de be better off buying one from Scott on line. However, since we're discussing it, do you think I should install it? Is it really better than the OEM Honda supplied? The web site states it's used by Nasa, Formula 1, Moto GP, Nascar,etc. I'm wondering why my "tech" suggested I stick with OEM. damn, it is a pretty farkle, lovely billet, re-usable, cleanable. Don't mean to tease, I just can't make up my simple mind.