CBR1100XX.org Forum

speedo error

scott s.

Yes to the point it's hard to hold the throttle steady enough, long enough, to get the GPS and spedo to match.

So at the most it's 1 or 2 mph off, for all practical purposes perfect. Only problem is now the odometer is low by 6%.

I have not got my XX yet, so please help me out what is the stock front?

Stephen

ouch!!! That is going the wrong way. Only from what I have read, the gearing is thought the moon allready. I have found on my bike (1983 VF750F) I went down 1 in the front and up one in the back helps me in the corners and did not hert my top end. Is there a nother way of adjusting the speedo on FI XX's?

Stephen

Pete,

With 1/2 used Powers on the bike, 18T front, and stock rear sprockets, I'm within ~1/2mph at 80mph... I've got cruise control, so as long as it's flat, the bike stays VERY close to the same speed... I drop ~1-1.5mph up hills, and gain 1-1.5mph down hills, but that's about it...

BTW, ODO is 4% low on my bike with the 18T, so it was 4% high on the bike with the stock sprocket...

Mike

ouch!!! That is going the wrong way. Only from what I have read, the gearing is thought the moon allready. I have found on my bike (1983 VF750F) I went down 1 in the front and up one in the back helps me in the corners and did not hert my top end. Is there a nother way of adjusting the speedo on FI XX's?

Stephen

Don't even try to compare the two, and don't even think about changing your gearing before you ride the bike. Stock gearing is fine for me, and I would consider an 18t front.

For RPM in the corners? That's what the gearbox is for.

Stephen

Don't even try to compare the two, and don't even think about changing your gearing before you ride the bike. Stock gearing is fine for me, and I would consider an 18t front.

For RPM in the corners? That's what the gearbox is for.

EXACTLY!

I actually like the 18T better than the stocker... Seems that, for the kind of riding, and the speed of most of the corners around here, the 18T suits me better... stock, running corners around here, 3rd was running higher than I wanted it to, and 4th didn't have the ballz out of corners that I wanted, and now, 3rd is right in between where 3 and 4 were to begin with... Also, doing switchbacks in TN, I found that I hated to be in first, because it was too harsh on on-off transition, and it was a REAL jump when you were downshifting coming up to a corner... Now, first gear is almost as low as stock, but it's actually usable as a "switchback" gear rather than lugging second... Plus, I get the same mileage on the highway now with the 10% ethenol fuel as I did last summer with the regular fuel... With a single top case (E460), a bag strapped to the back seat, and a tank bag, sitting up most of the time, I get ~48mpg at a steady 75-80mph for a full tank-full... on 10% ethenol fuel!

Also, my 1/4 mile actually got .05 and 2mph faster with the 18T, because I can go WOT sooner in first and not worry about wheelieng if I keep my weight down, but it will power-wheelie if I don't have my weight down... It seems that the 'bird has enough torque that it really doesn't care whether it has a 17T or 18T "around town" power-wise...

Mike

Ok you got it. I dont have much torque. If i remember it is like 45 ft bls :icon_frown:

I have been riding this bike for 22 years and have tryed all types of gearing, been on 2 race tracks

and the gearing i have is the best for my 3/4 L. I can't wait the get on a XX. :icon_drool: