CBR1100XX.org Forum

Frequently Asked Questions

I put together the most frequently-asked questions I get from this and the other board I host. Look here first before e-mailing/PM'ing questions...

How can I upload/link my avatar?

You need to host it on a server somewhere, then put the URL in your profile. For example, most internet providers will give you a decent amount of space where you can store files, then just put the URL to the file in your profile. You MUST NOT use any password-protected file storage.

What size can my avatar be?

Keep it under 120 pixels wide. Height is not a major issue, but don't make it huge.

How many PM's can I store? How long do they stay in the system?

Your mailbox can hold 6k in your box, so the number of messages will vary by message size. Note that there is a "percentage used" meter on the top right part of the PM section. Messages will stay in your PM folder until you delete/move them.

Are PM's really private? Can moderators or board admins view them?

No, there is no facility for us to view these messages.

Can I change/retract a PM before or after it has been read?

If your PM has not been read, it will remain in your Outbox. You can change/delete it here. The recipient will never know. Once it has been read, it moves to the Sent Items folder and can no longer be changed or removed by you.

I get "Invalid_session" errors.

You are using the AOL browser; stop. Use any real browser, or better yet, dump AOL and get a real ISP. This also happens with CIS though less frequently. It should never or very rarely happen with a decent ISP.

Can you get my password? I lost it.

No. Admins and moderators DO NOT have access to your password. The most we can do is re-set it to something else, then you can log in and change it.

Can you change my profile for me/link my avatar/etc?

Sorry, but we'd have little time if we did this sort of thing for users. This is well documented, please click on the links for each item if you have questions. If you have problems or specific questions, e-mail us.

Can you add a special smiley?

We don't want that collection to grow to huge sizes, but if you have something you really want and think people will use, e-mail it to us.

Can I change my username?

No, but one of the admins can change it for you, just e-mail us.