CBR1100XX.org Forum

[ B+ ] Garmin 376C

http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap376c/

I got a Garmin 376C for Christmas on 05 and am just now getting where I can use it. It is a versitile unit that is considered a Marine Unit but works great on the XX. Sorry bout the monster pics (I need some kid to help with the camera too!)

This unit is so cool! It has XM Radio and Weather. That's real time NEXRAD Radar, Storm track, Statilite, Wind, Pressure Gradients, lightening strikes (see the last pic where no rain but lightening was hiting all around and every motorcyclist should not like lightening while riding) and Animation right on top of your map so you can see where you arre going vs where that big thunderhead is going. Plus, you can do this while listening to XM radio's full line of BS talk radio, or killer music channels.

Garmin has a motorcycle adapter plug you can get but dont! It is a 2.5mm connector and I have yet to find any stereo headphones w/2.5mm plugs. :icon_wall: Fookin engineers! There is a 3.5 mm plug in the back that you can plug right up to or put it into your commo system (which I do not have yet). The buttons are fairly straight forward but easy to fat finger with moto gloves on. The XM radio/weather antena is huge but can easily find a home on your dash, tank bag or magneted to your tank. I got XM way north into Canada almost to the Yukon.

The XM service for weather is pricey $106 a month for both weather and Radio. I travel all the time and can use the bike while doin it so it's worth it to me. May be spendy to the round about town rider.

As with any electronic gadget the moment I opened it, it was obsolete as we've seen Garmins moto GPS talked about on here and there is now a 378 series. Still this unit will work in the boat (if I ever get one) on the road with bike or car or on my front porch.

BTW - I used the center mount single screw for holder and it did not last my AK trip. Mount it to the plate with all four screws.

Honey ya done good! Sorry about gettin you a vacuum cleaner last year! :icon_redface:

post-2621-1154743702_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1154743760_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1154743811_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1154744597_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1154744685_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1154744734_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1154744814_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1154744870_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...