CBR1100XX.org Forum

200mph ++ HOW TO..??

Tom Braithwaite

Is it theoretically possible to take a basically stock BB

and hook up the correct sproket ratios to get it over 200mph..??

NEXT QUESTION: What is the highest number of sprocket teeth that

can be installed on the output shaft of the tranny,,,and what is the

least (smallest sprocket) number of teeth that is made for the rear..??

:icon_cool:

Guest rockmeupto125

No.

Its not just gearing, its power. Otherwise, you'd be able to clear 100 on your bicycle with enough gears.

I don't know the answer to your other questions, but I conjecture that you'd have clearance issues with more than 20 teeth on the front. Sprocket manufacturers will make anything...the smallest sprocket you could fit on the rear would be dictated by the sprocket carrier clearance....I measure it at about 36 teeth minimum.

• Upvote 1

Mathematically speaking...this should be a relatively easy thing

to figure out.

RPMs x sprocket revolusions=relovutions at rear tire (speed)

or something like that

A stock BB has more than enough HP to make this happen

What prompted me along this line of thinking was the old racer in "Worlds Fastest Indian"

His bike was an old Indian MC with less HP than a stock BB and he went well over 200mph.

If you look at his rear sprocket it was very, very small.

Another factor,,considering that top speed is the goal, is the height of the rear tire. You

would need the highest tire possible.

Guest rockmeupto125

Thinking of the easiest, fastest, cheapest (because I am) way to get it over the

200 hump. Gearing should do it if I knew the correct ratio or what was available.

Do you know anyone with an airplane with a large door?

The XX doesn't have the horsepower to run 200mph in stock form. Or anywhere near stock.

Plan on six to eight thousand in turbo/engine work, or three thousand to build a custom fully enclosed fairing.

The XX doesn't have the horsepower to run 200mph in stock form. Or anywhere near stock.

It's gearing...!! Its got a ceiling of 11,000 rpm and a top speed of about 175 with road gears (stock) so it

has got to be able to do it with the right gearing. This is presupposing that you are willing to sacrifice

the low end. It would be a complete dog off the line but after about 100mph she should really get at it.

Your right on that rear sprocket. The stock carrier doesn't look like it would take a small gear.

Technically I'd bet it's posible. The problem would be wind resistance not so much HP....

If you had a long enough straight and higher gearing you should be able to do it. But I'm guess it would take a few miles to get up to that speed.

Of course the easiest way is to drop it outta a plane.... :icon_twisted:

Consider this... land speed record attempts have exceeded 200Mph with lesser equipment (less power and poorer airodynamics) for yonks...

the advantage they have is a MEAN run up and a loooooong flat salt pan to get to the desired speed. So basically, a mean mutha long road with maybe a slight decline slope would be able to see 200Mph with the right gearing. It might help if you have Anson running in front to catch his slipstream tho :icon_twisted:

:icon_wall:

No kidding....

Here's the deal: Air resistance is the limitation and there are only two ways to push through it...

- reduce drag

- increase power

The longer top-end gearing might get you a few mph, but not much more unless you also pump up the horsepower needed to make use of the gearing.

Some interesting reading

100+ mph with a 50cc motor: http://www.geocities.com/buddfab/buddfab3

250hp Moto GP bikes: http://www.popsci.com/popsci/automotivetec...ecbccdrcrd.html

1st street bike to top 200mph: http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/gsxrturbo.htm

Like Rockmeup and Byrdman are saying, gearing is one thing, but far more important is aerodynamics. As sleek as the bird looks it is far from being aerodynamic.

If it was just gearing cars and bikes would just have 8-10 gears and be able to easily hit 250 mph. The reason the Busa is so fugly is it has better aerodynamics than most bikes. It is far from perfect but better than most.

I am sure there is someone on here that knows the equation but to increase mph after say 190 mph you would need to almost double the horsepower output.

Have you ever taken your bike full out? I have, try it with your hand in the slip stream and tell me what you feel.

Brian

It's going to take a bunch of work to hit that number of the double ton. From my own personal experiences, the XX tends to "lay down" after 165-170 indicated. There's a lot of wind at those speeds and from that point on to terminal velocity,,,,, it's a slow crawl. Even with the afformentioned gearing changes of 11KRPM=208 mph, the engine needs to be tuned to produce maximum HP at 11K RPM. A stock bike should have it's HP peak at around 9.5K RPM. So, for that next 1.5K RPM (STOCK) the power is falling off.

Where to go from here,,,,,, well, how deep are your pockets?

To raise your peak HP RPM point, your talking about cams, and headwork. But will the stock injectors be able to supply enough fuel to support this? Will the throttle bodies flow enough air to allow the new cams and ported head work as intended? Hell, will the fuel pump be able to keep up with the increased demands? THere are a lot of what if's and these I just mentioned only apply to the stock 1137cc displacement. If you go big bore, then they become must do's. Now on the forced induction side of the arguement, I'm sure you could pull off the number of 200mph with a well tuned turbo kit and gearing changes. In terms of total labor, it might even be a bit cheaper than naturaly aspirated. You'll make the power for sure this way even with under 10 lbs of boost. You'll need to add at least 50+ HP with the correct gearing to make this happen from what I can see although that # may be on the consertive side.

There is a guy that I know of in my area that has a warmed over 05' Gixxer 1K that has gone 203MPH on GPS. He's got a major amount of bolt on's done along with aftermarket cams. He's making in the mid 170HP range on the dyno. Newer technology is a bitch to defeat.

We all know that it can't be done with a stock XX, or even a "max bolt-on" XX (meaning full system, power commander, your choice of air filter since K&N doesn't make a difference, etc.). I have 18/43's in the garage to attempt this, but did the math, and it can't be done.

It would be interesting to try it though. But you have to remember, I have two DISTINCT advantages. A whole lotta NOS and FUR! And we all know that NOS breaks all boundaries, as the Fast and the Furious have PROVEN that you can spray at your max speed even though your engine is about to fall apart and increase your MPH by 30 or 40!! And fur decreases your wind resistance and increases your plastics resistance to crash allowing you to go faster than anybody else on either wheel, fall, and get up with no damage like a Rubbermaid trash can!

I got some ocean front property in Arizona if you buy that shit!

It just won't happen. Now, whenever Honda comes out with the new XX and I buy it, I will gladly sacrifice the furbike, the 18/43 combo, and the N.O.S. direct port kit with a lot more nitrous than anybody else sprays and attempt it, but we all already know the outcome. I'll get about 190-195 and the motor will let go, probably in a blaze of glory, because you can't spray nitrous on the top end and have anything happen except spectacularly disastrous results. All I ask in return is that somebody donates a perfectly running, complete 99-compatible motor and trans to replace the one I will spread all over God's creation in the attempt to go 200 on a stock motor XX.

That'll happen about the same time as I sell that property.......

Let`s say stock XX makes 140 rwhp and with rider that is not big and fat ( less aero drag) goes 175 mph.

200 mph is 14 % increase.Needed hp = 1.14 X 1.14 X 1.14 = about 1.48 x 140 =210 hp

So you`ll need another 70 hp do do 200 mph .Basically we are talking turbo here

Since you would be at WOT for about a 60 seconds (?) el cheapo Hanh non intercooled kit will not do .The engine would granade.Need some sort of intercooling,or at least water/methanol injection.Or maybe run on methanol.

Let`s say stock XX makes 140 rwhp and with rider that is not big and fat ( less aero drag) goes 175 mph.

200 mph is 14 % increase.Needed hp = 1.14 X 1.14 X 1.14 = about 1.48 x 140 =210 hp

So you`ll need another 70 hp do do 200 mph .Basically we are talking turbo here

Since you would be at WOT for about a 60 seconds (?) el cheapo Hanh non intercooled kit will not do .The engine would granade.Need some sort of intercooling,or at least water/methanol injection.Or maybe run on methanol.

Close, HP requirement varies as the square of the speed increase not the cube. Still need over 180 RWHP.

I can't believe what I'm reading here :icon_eek: Maybe there IS, as I have suspected, something different about the 2002 XX, on my second one now. I did a full dyno with stock pipes and saw 131hp fall off at 10500 rpm's, next week bolted a Two Bro's full exhaust system on, full dyno again and saw 142hp maintained to 11500 rph into the rev limiter! increase in torque the full range with NO drops or ill effects, huge drop in weight, enormous performance gain. The only bike I haven't raced against yet is a ZX14, a 165 lb rider on a well tuned Busa is side by side with me from 0 - the limiter in 6th gear well over 195 indicated, no ZX12 has ever stayed beside me! Aerodynamic's? the XX is slimmer than it's so called two competitors, just park them side by side and look at them...........................The XX was the first 200 mph motorcycle for sale in the U.S.A. all they did was detune it a few years ago, the PFI wakes up just fine with an exhaust system again!.

I can't believe what I'm reading here :icon_eek: Maybe there IS, as I have suspected, something different about the 2002 XX, on my second one now. I did a full dyno with stock pipes and saw 131hp fall off at 10500 rpm's, next week bolted a Two Bro's full exhaust system on, full dyno again and saw 142hp maintained to 11500 rph into the rev limiter! increase in torque the full range with NO drops or ill effects, huge drop in weight, enormous performance gain. The only bike I haven't raced against yet is a ZX14, a 165 lb rider on a well tuned Busa is side by side with me from 0 - the limiter in 6th gear well over 195 indicated, no ZX12 has ever stayed beside me! Aerodynamic's? the XX is slimmer than it's so called two competitors, just park them side by side and look at them...........................The XX was the first 200 mph motorcycle for sale in the U.S.A. all they did was detune it a few years ago, the PFI wakes up just fine with an exhaust system again!.

Maybe you should just go back to your crack pipe, homey.