CBR1100XX.org Forum

Time for a new CCT...

Obby

OK. Looks like it's time to replace my CCT. Got the 4k rattle starting up.

One question for you guys. I've heard that there is a better CCT that is used on the naked BB. Is that something I should be looking at, or should I stick with the upgraded US model #06140-MAT-0315? What part number are you guys using?

06140-MAT-0315

06140-MAT-305

14520-MCC-601 (X11)

Got some of this info from http://www.exodus-dev.com/teletactics/pers...l/cbr1100xx.htm

Ok, I was being lazy. Now that I've read a few threads here on the X11, I take it we in the US cannot go to our local dealer and pick one up (probably can't get it on the web either?). One more problem would be the $90.00 US it would cost (little pricey).

Looks like I missed the group buy back in March too. Oh well... guess I will just have to get the upgraded US model and replace it every 7-10k mi's.

Can't go through Joe anymore for the CCT for the X-11. Joe was doing major purchasing from overseas motorcycle parts dealers.....OK..hold on...There was this guy who was doing major purchasing of motorcycle parts from overseas..he was buying blue plastic, dozens and dozens of CCT's..and alot of other stuff. Well...after September 11th...the FBI was tracking all foreign shipments. This GUY :wink: was being investigated for shipping motorcycle parts over to Iraq and the Iraq-ies were using them in their fighter planes and motorized vehicles. SO..OBBY...This certain persons hard drive is under watch from the FBI 24/7...So please DO NOT....I repeat DO NOT send ANYONEJOE a PM asking for a CCT from a specified country. Did you catch the name of the guy I am referring to in CODE :wink: above.

Please...let's not get himjoe in any further hot water with the gov't.

Thanks

Dammit...I knew this was going to happen. I was fucking around the other day and broke my Enigma machine and havent gotten it repaired yet. I can't tell what you guys are saying. :?: :!: :evil:

Obby, a little history.

In 1998, I had trouble with my CCT. Replaced it in early 1999 with 10k miles on the bike. In late 2001 I found my way to the CBR 1100XX forum and just read what everyone was going through with the CCT's (I replaced another CCT with the Stock US one). In late 2001 or early 2002, James (jlheine), who just happens to be livining in Japan, bought an X-11 CCT and did a little comparo. Took some pictures, there is a little difference in color and I believe he verified that the plunger was 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch longer. Asked if anyone wanted one. I was one of maybe 20 guys that bought that first round of X-11 CCT's and have not had a problem since. Since, there have been a number of group buys and I believe you just missed the last one by a week or two.

Point being (and I don't know if you get it yet from your last post), this has been a long term problem, it has been all over the board from the Pub, Meetings, Profiles and Mostly Sticky in the Garage. I am not sure if Joe has one left, but he has been coordinating the High Stakes game of Importing the X-11 CCT's for the past few group buys. If you shoot him a PM, I am sure he can help (at least with a little more info.)

MaXX