CBR1100XX.org Forum

Deal's Gap hotels

• 1 month later...

Without a doubt, the Phillips Motel in Robbinsville. 18 minutes from the Gap, run by a very nice older couple who cater to us bikers. Low prices too!!! Won't stay anywhere else but there. It's nothing fancy but it is VERY VERY CLEAN!!! Five thumbs up from me.

Dock's Motel in Townsend is very clean, prices are low and it's close to Foothills Parkway, a nice warmup ride enroute Deal's Gap.

Stayed there many times and recommend it.

865-448-2234

Michael

When I go to the area, I stay at the San-Ran in Robbinsville.

It is a little dated, but right in town, easy walking to restuarants and reasonably priced. The best though is that the rooms have a little covered awning with lawn chairs so you can chill in the shade after a day of riding, or pull your bike up right outside your window and out of the weather.

Also the operator, Randall, welcomes bikers and will even supply you old towels to clean your ride if you wish.

Their # is (828) 479-3256.

Just looking for a good room/rate for a few days in August @ deal's gap. Anyone have any recommendations? I like 2 wheel inn so far, they have a garage for your bike, how cool! :icon_think:

I stayed there last year and loved it, the garage next to each room is big enough for a few bikes. He was adding more rooms and had plans for a snack bar, pool, and a tennis court. Seems the Commissioners there have a monopoly on the alcohol licenses, you got to qualify as a "Resort" to sell booze in that county. If you go there be sure to stock up on your favorite beverages on the way or you got to ride ten or fifteen miles once you get there to buy them. :icon_wink:

• 1 year later...

Your group will love The Tree Tops. Built for bikers. Owner is a great guy - plan on spending an entertaining hour with him.

The garage at "The Ridge" is bigger than the picture indicate. We had a dozen bikes in there plus the pool table, couch, fridge, 1/2 bath.

Right off the Cherohala and close to everything else: The Tree Tops

The fine folks at The Phillips Motel in Robbinsville NC have 2, two car carports you can park your bikes in if it rains...or snows. It snowed 8 inches in April a couple of years ago. Mrs. Reba even moves her Mercedes and her husbands Acura out and into the rain and snow so we can park our bikes in the dry. Now thats nice people!!

Without a doubt, the Phillips Motel in Robbinsville. 18 minutes from the Gap, run by a very nice older couple who cater to us bikers. Low prices too!!! Won't stay anywhere else but there. It's nothing fancy but it is VERY VERY CLEAN!!! Five thumbs up from me.

+1 Reba and her husband are good hosts.

19 miles or so from Deals Gap

Peaceful town and several good restaurants within walking distance.

+1 Reba and her husband are good hosts.

19 miles or so from Deals Gap

Peaceful town and several good restaurants within walking distance.

Good folks indeed!!

Book rooms EARLY as they fill up FAST!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Stayed at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville last month. Really enjoyed the place and appreciated the garage. Only downside is that Robbinsville is in a "DRY" county. :icon_confused:

You can go to the Topoco Lodge (lodge on the left going to Deals Gap) and get stuff to drink. Great ride from Robbinsville to Topoco and back too.

When I go to the area, I stay at the San-Ran in Robbinsville.

It is a little dated, but right in town, easy walking to restuarants and reasonably priced. The best though is that the rooms have a little covered awning with lawn chairs so you can chill in the shade after a day of riding, or pull your bike up right outside your window and out of the weather.

Also the operator, Randall, welcomes bikers and will even supply you old towels to clean your ride if you wish.

Their # is (828) 479-3256.

+1 For the San-Ran. Was there last October, very nice people operating it.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked it there too. I stayed in one of their 'efficiences' and we put 3 guys in it for $80/night. Good deal.

I like parking the bikes right outside my room. Makes me feel good. Plus, i hate walking through lobbies and waiting for elevators.

I liked it there too. I stayed in one of their 'efficiences' and we put 3 guys in it for $80/night. Good deal.

I like parking the bikes right outside my room. Makes me feel good. Plus, i hate walking through lobbies and waiting for elevators.

Yeah, we stay in one of the efficiences when we stay there. It's nice to have the option to cook in your room if need be.

• 2 months later...

Stayed at Fontana Village a few times, splitting a cabin w/ riding friends. First time was great, second time they gave us a very small/crappy cabin that didn't meet the specs outlined on the website... No matter, no one was staying at the nice spacious newer cabin across the road and the door was unlocked, so we utilized its bathrooms to deal with our crowd better... :icon_biggrin:

Other than the crappy cabin last trip, Fontana is a good time, they have a decent bar, 2 restaurants, general store where you can get bulk beer cans/bottles, a lazy river & pool (VERY nice after a hot day of riding!), a gas station, etc...

Oh yeah, and obviously, it's RIGHT on 28, minutes from the Gap and not far from the Cherohala...

• 1 month later...

Stayed at Deals Gap this summer and it was awesome. Staff are all riders and very bike-centric. Great restaurant there too.

When I was there, there was a bonfire every night and guests and staff would gather around sharing stories and drinks.

Would recommend it to everyone.

I also stayed at:

Holiday Inn Express and Suites‎

26 Rufus Robinson Rd

Dillsboro, NC 28725

(828) 631-1111

which is right across the street from Harrahs-Cherokee, on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and only an hour to Deal's Gap.

Harrahs-Cherokee

They let me park the bike under the front and were very friendly. $75 includes breakfast. There is a bunch of hotels in the area.

• 3 months later...

We have stayed in Fontana Village several times. There are lots of places to stay and I can honestly say there are NO bad roads there except for the dragon on a weekend.

When I rode up there this Oct with Chris we stayed in Blairsville, GA and rode to the Gap There were several places in Blairsville that were great to eat in as well. Hole in the Wall restruaunt is great for breakfast. As we are in Ga. we have also stayed in Dahlonaga Georgia. Some of the roads around are even better than DG, less police presence and nice curves.

If you ride Cherahala Pkw. and eat in Tellico plains the Tellico Cafe is great. When we were there they had a steak salad that was awsome. There is also a little bar just outside of town (on the pkw) that had a great burger and was reasonable priced.

Anita

• 4 months later...
Just looking for a good room/rate for a few days in August @ deal's gap. Anyone have any recommendations? I like 2 wheel inn so far, they have a garage for your bike, how cool! :icon_think:

Dock's in townsend, thumbs up !!

• 10 months later...
We stayed at Fontana Village and the cabins are awesome. No garage though and I do not know how the individual rooms are.

-Rick

+1 - We stayed there for 2 or 3 nights mid-week (in 2008) and qualified for the "Dragon Slayer Discount". Will be going back again this summer and hoping for the same courtesy & pricing. Two thumbs up from me.

+1

Staying there next week, been there several times.

Clean, American owned, and very bike friendly.