CBR1100XX.org Forum

[ B+ ] Twisted Thottle Online

EDIT: Start

I recently ordered an SW-Motec rack from this vendor. It arrived promptly, well packed and with good communication from the vendor. :icon_clap:

I think they are working hard to prevent experiences like I had earlier from happening to anyone else.

Give them a try.

EDIT: End

I ordered this MRA VarioTouringScreen from twistedthrottle.com, for my CBR1100XX, and noted this was the model that I rode in the comments for the order. Imagine my suprise when I got this (special order 3 weeks + to get) screen delivered that was for the CBR1000F 93-03. NO, it didn't fit on the XX :(

I was even MORE suprised that the customer support rep at twistedthrottle.com was completely unsympathetic, and literally said, "At this time, we will not be able to accept your windscreen for a return. However, try selling it on one of the Honda bike forums. There are plenty of guys that are looking to grab one of those.

Have a nice day"

OUCH!!!! Customer Service? Seems more like customer shrug-off. Despite asking nicely to consider that I should have been warned that ordering a CBR1000F screen does not jibe with owning a XX, the best offer I got in return was "we will take back the windscreen at a 50% restocking fee, with you covering the cost of shipping."

Double OUCH! I was and am really suprised that this retailer was sticking this too me so badly. Not at all what I expected. Oh, well - first and LAST order for them from me.

So there you have it, I have a NEW, uninstalled MRA VarioTouringScreen for the Honda CBR1000F 93-2003 that I need to get rid of (see for sale forums).

Link for details on the product: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1272/354/

Part no: MRA.01.046.VT

Smoked Grey Version

It cost me three weeks, $139.99 plus $16.41 shipping.

Yes, they sent a confirmation email when ordered, it looked like (it was exactly less the bold) this:

Shipping type: UPS Ground

Comment: 1999 CBR1100XX

The items you have ordered:

Prod. No. Product name Price Qty. Total without sales tax

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MRA.01.046.VT MRA VarioTouringScre $139.99 1 $139.99

Color: 1-Smoke gray

Stebel.11135 Stebel Nautilus Comp $35.95 1 $35.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal $175.94

Shipping and handling $16.41

Total $192.35

Did I order the wrong thing? Absolutely. I must have clicked one link too high when I placed the order and selected the CBR1000F instead of the almighty CBR1100XX. Did this confirmation message help me be sure that I ordered the right thing? Well, yes and no I suppose. You can see that I indicated the part was for the 1999 CBR1100XX. And I can tell from the message that I ordered a MRA VarioTouringScreen. But I cannot tell that this is the wrong part number, I would have had to reference this number back to the site and checked it out. And since the email is all text, there was no link to click on to confirm the precise part that was ordered. So shame on me and shame on them.

The real shocker was the support after the sale, I quoted that verbatim earlier. So I am stuck with this screen unless I want to sell it back to them at 50 cents on the dollar, and pay to ship it as well :icon_wall:

How about contacting the BBB about it... Thats just not right at all..

Here is their return policy... taken right off of their site...

(6) Twisted Throttle Ltd. sent me an item I did not order. How do I return this item?

If we ship you a part different from what you ordered, we will immediately ship the correct replacement item as a separate order without further shipping costs.

To facilitate return of the item, we will issue a Return Authorization number for the original part and send you a prepaid UPS return label. Upon receiving the returned incorrect item from the client, we will credit the customer for the incorrect item. Please email or fax us the details of the error, as well as the part numbers as shown on the parts delivered.

No returns are accepted on the following items:

- items shipped to locations outside of the continental United States;

- windscreens that have been removed from their original sealed factory packaging or that have been installed on a motorcycle; and

- all electrical accessories (horns, light bulbs, battery chargers, heated grips, relays, fuses, etc.).

(4) Is there a restocking fee for returns or exchanges?

A 15% restocking fee applies to all returns and exchanges. If the item being exchanged is deemed defective by Twisted Throttle Ltd., the restocking fee is waived if the original item is being replaced with an identical new item.

• 2 weeks later...

I called them up to check if they had the MRA Varios Sport Touring Screen in stock. They didn't have one but they were expecting a shipment so they told me to check back in few days so did I. When I called them they were still unpacking the stuff. But I couldn't have one because they were all spoken for... Don't know why they didn't tell me that at the first place. :icon_evil:

As an FYI, I now have on the front step a replacement Vario Screen for the XX. It took registering a domain (twistedthrottlesucks.com) and then the company owner stepped in and offered to straighten things out (as long as I handed the domain over to them). Best $8 I ever spent, but I am shocked that it took this level of effort to set things right. Here is the email trail with them:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windscreen being returned via UPS, tracking number is 1Z 2F8 T06 03 9538 0839

Regards,

Chris Brown

From: Dan Caya [mailto:danc@twistedthrottle.com] On Behalf Of Info@TwistedThrottle.com

Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 2:06 PM

Subject: RE: Exchange of MRA VarioTouringScreen

Hi Chris,

CBR1100XX windscreens (MRA.01.048.VT1) are on their way from Germany. We will ship you one at no cost as soon as we receive the screen back from you. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Dan

Twisted Throttle Ltd.

1080 Kingstown Rd, Building #2

Peace Dale, RI 02879

401-284-4200

707-922-7276 (fax)

info@twistedthrottle.com

http://www.twistedthrottle.com

Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 12:32 PM

To: Info@TwistedThrottle.com

Subject: RE: Exchange of MRA VarioTouringScreen

Dan,

Thanks for your response. I will be happy to agree to this return process and domain transfer, and appreciate the additional review.

At the moment the domain has only a parking page with no negative content, I will leave it like that until I receive the CBR1100XX windscreen. At that time I will transfer the admin contact to the data provided below, and update all postings and vendor ratings currently in place on many cycle interest group websites to reflect an ultimately positive experience with your company.

Just to help with your customer service in the future, here are some suggestions on the order confirmation process. I am a CIO and software/systems architect for a software development company – this is no extra charge :)

Your confirmation email when items are ordered looks like this:

Shipping type: UPS Ground

Comment: 1999 CBR1100XX

The items you have ordered:

Prod. No. Product name Price Qty. Total without sales tax

MRA.01.046.VT MRA VarioTouringScre $139.99 1 $139.99

Color: 1-Smoke gray

Stebel.11135 Stebel Nautilus Comp $35.95 1 $35.95

Subtotal $175.94

Shipping and handling $16.41

Total $192.35

Did I order the wrong thing? Absolutely. I must have clicked one link too high when I placed the order and selected the CBR1000F instead of the CBR1100XX. Did this confirmation message help me be sure that I ordered the right thing? Well, yes and no I suppose. You can see that I indicated the part was for the 1999 CBR1100XX. And I can tell from the message that I ordered a MRA VarioTouringScreen. But I cannot tell that this is the wrong part number, I would have had to manually reference this number back to the site and check it out. And since the email is all text, there was no link to click on to confirm the precise part that was ordered.

Suggestions:

-Have all online orders reviewed by sales staff where comments are not empty before fufillment

-Include Model Names in line items where applicable. A separate column would be perfect, but in this example you just need to increase the column width of the item description – which reads “MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield for Honda CBR1000F, '93-'03” in full.

-Make confirmation email message html and provide links for each line item back to the site page for the item (easy for customer to review)

-Provide a link in the message to the online order confirmation page that you already have on the site, since line items there are linked back to the product pages

Best regards,

Chris Brown

From: Dan Caya [mailto:danc@twistedthrottle.com] On Behalf Of Info@TwistedThrottle.com

Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 12:06 PM

To: Chris Brown

Subject: Exchange of MRA VarioTouringScreen

Dear Chris,

Albe has asked that I review your request for a refund. We will accommodate your request and exchange the windshield we sent to you for a CBR1100XX windshield at no charge.

Your return authorization number is RA 13978A. Please write this number on the outside of the box and ship it to us at the address below. We’ll swap the screen and send you the VarioTouringScreen for the Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird.

We apologize that your first experience with us has not been a happy one. Please understand why your return request was initially declined:

- Our return policy states that windscreens cannot be returned once removed from the original packaging or installed on a bike;

- We shipped the item as it was ordered by you online;

- The item was special ordered on your behalf from Germany specifically for you, and the item is not an item we normally stock;

- You did not request that we confirm fit of the ordered windscreen with the CBR1100XX. Normally, when an order is placed online, it is simply filled by our warehouse staff (who do not know motorcycles as our customer service staff does) unless the customer specifically asks us to review the web order to make sure it fits a certain bike. Customers that are unsure of whether an item fits are welcome to contact our customer service staff via email or telephone before the order is placed so we can help them pick the correct items for their bike.

Because of the unusual nature of your last email, we request that as a condition of your exchange, you unlock the domain name “twistedthrottlesucks.com” and change the contact information to the following so that we may transfer it to our DNS:

Registrant:

Twisted Throttle

PO Box 338

Peace Dale, RI 02883

US

Administrative and technical contact:

Erik Stephens

info@twistedthrottle.com

PO Box 338

Peace Dale, RI 02883

US

401-709-9383

I hope that this email addresses your concerns and will allow us to resolve the situation amicably. Please contact me with your decision.

Sincerely,

Daniel Caya

Warehouse Manager

Twisted Throttle Ltd.

1080 Kingstown Rd, Building #2

Peace Dale, RI 02879

401-284-4200

707-922-7276 (fax)

info@twistedthrottle.com

http://www.twistedthrottle.com

I called them up to check if they had the MRA Varios Sport Touring Screen in stock. They didn't have one but they were expecting a shipment so they told me to check back in few days so did I. When I called them they were still unpacking the stuff. But I couldn't have one because they were all spoken for... Don't know why they didn't tell me that at the first place. :icon_evil:

Ruhi wants to be like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Just from the BS that CBRacerx had to go through to get a simple windscreen I wouldn't ever deal with these idiots..

A windscreen is not that important to me. I am also sure I can get from someplace else other than just them.

Precisely.

Contrast that to Cycle Gear. :icon_think:

• 2 weeks later...

CBR1100XX windscreens (MRA.01.048.VT1) are on their way from Germany. We will ship you one at no cost as soon as we receive the screen back from you. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Now I know what happened to mine which was on the way from Germany but once it got there, "they didn't know what happened to it". :icon_think:

I wasn't going to wait for another shipment so I ended up getting the Airblade from somewhere else. Although, they emailed me when it became available again. Glad your situation is sorted out. It would have been much better if you didn't have to twist arms.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear this..... :icon_confused:

My experiences with the Twisted Throttle and their staff are quite the opposite.

Also, from the comments from other boards and customers I meet at various shows, I've heard nothing but possitive and good things about them.....

Give them another chance ?.....

Cheers,

Sorry to hear this..... :icon_confused:

My experiences with the Twisted Throttle and their staff are quite the opposite.

Also, from the comments from other boards and customers I meet at various shows, I've heard nothing but possitive and good things about them.....

Give them another chance ?.....

Cheers,

I can only relate my own personal experience - which I always do in unvarnished fashion. If you read the entire exchange, you will note that I tried to give them some suggestions to avoid this in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

And what is your experience with TT now ?

Cheers,

None. They have recently implimented my suggestions for improving customer service, and I think the owner has his commercial heart in the right place. But I have not ordered anything since this episode.

None. They have recently implimented my suggestions for improving customer service, and I think the owner has his commercial heart in the right place. But I have not ordered anything since this episode.

But they corrected the mistake and you've received the right screen, right ?

They also as you said implimented your suggestions.....

Sounds like they did as much as a good busines would do, yet you seem to stay dissatisfied .

Tough crowd..... :icon_rolleyes:

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Since I am a forgiving guy, I have taken another chance.

I have placed another order with twistedThrottle.com for some SW-Motech items. After a bit of back and forth, I believe they will now process the order. I will report my experiences here, and if all goes well, re-access the current rating.

Since I am a forgiving guy, I have taken another chance.

I have placed another order with twistedThrottle.com for some SW-Motech items. After a bit of back and forth, I believe they will now process the order. I will report my experiences here, and if all goes well, re-access the current rating.

I haved editing the opening post to reflect my recent positive experience.