CBR1100XX.org Forum

carb cleaner

indybirdxx

whats the best additive I can dump in the tank to clean/improve performance?

My 98 carbed bird seems to have a rough idle lately, was wondering if anyone has a suggestion, before i buy the standard shelf products (STP carb clean, etc...)

ALSO is it true 87 octane is just as good as 93? I thought that was the case for FI birds only...

Thanks!

mike

My 98 carbed bird seems to have a rough idle lately, was wondering if anyone has a suggestion, before i buy the standard shelf products (STP carb clean, etc...)

ALSO is it true 87 octane is just as good as 93? I thought that was the case for FI birds only...

Thanks!

mike

Mike,

Seafoam is awesome for that! You can get it at most parts stores around here...

The carb'd bikes run just fine on '87 too... if your bike doesn't have an ignition advancer (I know yours doesn't), you won't get any benefit out of 93 anyway...

Mike

Thanks!

mike

Mike,

The carb'd bikes run just fine on '87 too... if your bike doesn't have an ignition advancer (I know yours doesn't), you won't get any benefit out of 93 anyway...

Mike

nice. I PM'd a guy here who can sell at cost , will get from him if its the deal. otherwise autozone/Advance have it??

Thanks!

mike

Mike,

Mike

nice. I PM'd a guy here who can sell at cost , will get from him if its the deal. otherwise autozone/Advance have it??

it'd cost more to ship it than the discount you'd get... Yep, AutoZone and Advance have it...

I use regular in my 97 with no problem. You need to run the higher octane only if you have problems with pre-ignition. You're right. The FI models have an anti-knock program built in, so octane should never be an issue with them.

marty