CBR1100XX.org Forum

[ C- ] California Sport Touring

I ordered an item from California Sport Touring. It is something I will never do again. The item I wanted was on the site with different mounts. I ordered from a specials list and the item I got was the wrong mount. Since they deemed the fault exclusively mine there was nothing they would do for me. I would have to send it back at my expense. If I wanted the correct replacement I would have to pay shipping once again on the new item as well as the shipping back. If I chose not to purchase from them all over again then they would withhold a 10% restocking fee. I opted to take the restocking loss in addition to the shipping costs just to avoid dealing with them again.

All in all I can't imagine shopping with them after all I've learned, particularly when compared to my wonderful experiences with many of the other excellent vendors listed in this forum. I wish I had known beforehand.:sad:

• 4 months later...

http://www.casporttouring.com/

I bought my Throttlemeister from them, so I've used them once.. I placed my order, wanted next day shipping and they didn't have it in stock. They offered to have it drop shipped to me directly from the manufacturer at the same cost that I was going to buy it at from them. I got the package as promised.

• 2 months later...

I was looking for a good deal on a set of Michelin Pilot Sports and their website popped up during an internet search. They had really good pricing and the best part yet is that they were about 5 minutes from my house. In person, they were great to deal with. The business is very much still in the process from moving from the kitchen table outfit to a real store-front/internet sales store, so some growing pains for both them and their customers might be expected. For sport bike stuff/touring stuff, they are much better stocked than my local Cycle Gear, which seems to largely be more of a dirt-bike oriented store and is a great place, in their own right. I'd go back to CST.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I ordered springs from them 11 days ago. The only thing I've got from them was an order confirmation. I just sent a rather direct note telling him to notify me of the staus in the next 48 hours or I'll cancel any transaction with my CC card. This will be the one and only time I'll do business with them. I tried to call them but both lines just keep ringing... too bad as this is a guy from the ST1100 group who is this business, I would have liked to support him.

Follow up on CA Sport touring -

After I sent a hard-nosed email asking either for my shipping tracking number or an immediate refund I was contacted by "Bob" from CA ST. He said that they received my order 10 days ago but "just got the springs in last week so they'll go out tomrrow." I told him that I should have received either notification that the parts were back-ordered OR the parts themselves, that anything else was unsatisfactory thus my desire to not do business with them. He was really taken by my demand, told that they never charged my charge, then quickly hung up. When are companies going to start realizing what customer service is about? If you've got the product ship the damn stuff when expected and communicate, otherwise promptly tell them the status and give them the chance to make up their own minds... don't simply leave them hanging/waiting.

Moral of this story - don't expect any service from Ca ST... spend money where you'll be taken care of even if it costs slightly more...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I needed a voltometer recently. I saw one on their website that would work for me.

Since I'm an MSF instructor, we have a list of dealers that provide us with discounts. CST is on that list since they told us they'd support us by giving us a discount.

When I emailed CST to inquire about the discount, they said their prices are already set to rock bottom prices, so they don't offer any further discounts.

Now, I don't mind paying full price. But, if you're gonna offer a discount, freakin' honor it!

So anyways, I ended up purchasing this voltometer anyways since I just needed one right away. No problems with shipping. Part arrived within a reasonable amount of time. But, I doubt I'll be back for anything else. Especially since everyone else will honor their advertised discounts.

So, my vote is +1 neutral

• 3 months later...

I live a stones throw from those ass clowns. And... what a crappy website. If anyone needs help dealing with them, let me know.

-Obby

Follow up on CA Sport touring -

After I sent a hard-nosed email asking either for my shipping tracking number or an immediate refund I was contacted by "Bob" from CA ST. He said that they received my order 10 days ago but "just got the springs in last week so they'll go out tomrrow." I told him that I should have received either notification that the parts were back-ordered OR the parts themselves, that anything else was unsatisfactory thus my desire to not do business with them. He was really taken by my demand, told that they never charged my charge, then quickly hung up. When are companies going to start realizing what customer service is about? If you've got the product ship the damn stuff when expected and communicate, otherwise promptly tell them the status and give them the chance to make up their own minds... don't simply leave them hanging/waiting.

Moral of this story - don't expect any service from Ca ST... spend money where you'll be taken care of even if it costs slightly more...

+1, A quick email explaining any delays is all most of us need to either just ride it out or decide to shop elsewhere. In any case, no drama is needed. DO THESE PEOPLE ACTUALLY RIDE OR ARE THEY JUST POSERS???

• 2 months later...

These jackasses deserve an F in my opinion. I ordered 3 items from them on or around june 30th of last year (2005). A Fenda extenda, an NEP cruise control, and this set of three clear plastic vinyl panels that are supposed to protect your tank without being seen. The guy was a real cocky prick on the phone too. I e-mailed them end of July for an update...... Extenda fenda on back order from U.K.. Meanwhile, I see them on e-Bay for 5 bucks less than I bought it for from these lying A-holes. Jump forward to 3rd week of Aug.. I send them another update on my order, could they either fulfill their order with me or give a refund. The reply was "that order has already been sent". I was ready to buy a plane ticket to have a little visit to these crooks. They finally sent the stuff just before neXXt 2005. End of June to middle of Sept. is just plain shitty. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SQUIDDS. Oh yeah, the clear plastic panels look like SHIT, Spend the money, and get a tank bra.