CBR1100XX.org Forum

[ A+ ] DirectLift Motorcycle Lift Company

I acquired a bike lift (table version, 1,000# capacity) from Direct Lift through Derek Weaver & Co., 2950 S.E. Loop 820, Ft. Worth, TX 76140. www.derekweaver.com/html/bikers_garage.htm or www.directlift.com (866)347-5438.

Similar in design to the familiar "Handy" style table lift, but the table top (93"x24") is diamond plate steel painted gloss black; air activated (90-100psi) hydraulic ram lift, w/scissors style legs (black), and five locking positions at various heights up to 33". Standard Pro-Cycle model includes front wheel/tire vise w/rubber pads, tire stop, 2 tie-down eye-bolts, and 20" access ramp (detachable). Available Options - a "drop-tail" model, two 12"x93" side panel extensions and associated hardware (making the table top 48"x93", suitable for ATVs), and a hand dolly to move the assembled lift around the garage. The XLT model includes includes the side panel extensions and dolly.

The basic model cost me (retail) $595 + 150/shipping (delivered to a residence); reasonably prompt delivery without issues. Warranty is for one year to the original purchaser. Pricing and shipping are always subject to change, so call or check the website.

It comes 90% assembled, but you have to hook up the air line from the ram to the pedal control, and bolt up the vise, tire stop, and tie-down eye-bolts. Hardware is a mix of metric and SAE bolts, washers, & nuts. It is heavy, about 400#, so it's really a two-man job to assemble (you start with the table inverted and then flip it over... trust me - have help). Additional lube at stress points is recommended. It took my wife and I less than an hour to fully assemble and begin testing. It's shipped shrink-wrapped on a pallet, secured with steel bands.

Testing included multiple lifts of four bikes of increasing weights:

'99 Confederate Hellcat @ 495# (dry)

'99 Honda Blackbird @ 560# (wet)

'74 Harley-Davidson FLH @ 775# (wet)

'01 Honda GoldWing (GL1800) @ 910# (wet)

We experienced no issues in testing the lift. All bikes were lifted from the fully lowered point (7.25") to the highest lock point (33").

The gloss black paint is fairly thick, but will chip - powder coating would likely hold up better.

Overall, I find the Pro-Cycle lift to be well made and fairly durable, at least sufficient for the small shop or home garage. I've heard it's built in China, but I found no markings to confirm/deny - some hardware is metric. Not that it matters all that much these days, but I'm more than satisfied. YMMV... :icon_cool: