CBR1100XX.org Forum

4-stroke trimmer

sprack

Anyone have one of these? It's kinda pricey. I'm more concerned about finding attachments or parts than reliability. With the weed eater I always end up with about 3/4 of a gallon I can't use. I'll premix for the dirtbike, but I'm getting sick of it for yard work.

IPB Image

Honda HHT25SLTA

We hjave a couple of those at work...

The heads are the only weak link... after about 2 months of continuos use the crack and then explode while in use. Nothing bad really. There is a better replacement head for sale out there.....but for the life of me I can't remember where we bought them last.

.... I know the new ones are Red...... and they have lasted for over a year....

as for the trimmer itself... it's top notch.... it's a little slow to rev up compared to the old 2 stokes, but it has twice the staying power in the thick weeds.

I wouldn't recomend anything else..... they're that good. :icon_angel:

We hjave a couple of those at work...

The heads are the only weak link... after about 2 months of continuos use the crack and then explode while in use. Nothing bad really. There is a better replacement head for sale out there.....but for the life of me I can't remember where we bought them last.

.... I know the new ones are Red...... and they have lasted for over a year....

as for the trimmer itself... it's top notch.... it's a little slow to rev up compared to the old 2 stokes, but it has twice the staying power in the thick weeds.

I wouldn't recomend anything else..... they're that good. :icon_angel:

I concurr.

When I was working with Robin /Subaru we did some industiral espionage and copied a few of Honda's internal engne designs for use in our own, tiny four stoke, engines.

IPB Image

The Honda is a great product with a bulletproof engine.

one word of advise concerning the 4 stroke trimmers.

Keep them level.

Don't tilt them over 90 degrees or so to do any edging work. The oil pickup will suck air and then, well you know what'll happen. We went through 4 of them at work before anyone figured out what was happening.

I still have a Robin commercial trimmer from my lawn service days. Many years of very hard abuse and still going strong. The missing spark plug boot will make my knees sag on occasion, but other than that I have no complaints.

I also have a Robin-powered backpack sprayer. Again, geat engine.

I'd love one of those Honda's, though. Only 25cc, though. Hmmm. Seems small. Does it really do the business?

hey ...I got a question (not to steal this thread) ....I was using my Troy Built trimmer yesterday and half way through the job of trimming my yard, the drive train gave up. The engine would rev, but the head would not spin leading my to believe that the drive that engages the head broke free or came loose. Anyone have this problem with any model trimmer and any ideas on how to fix this? The trimmer is 2 years old and has been problem free until now.

Thanks,

Steve

Could be the torque converter. I don't think any of the recent trimmers are direct drive anymore.

are those easy to fix? Ha ...I guess if I have to ask, it's most likely something I can't do myself. I don't know where I'd even find parts for this thing. You think I should just realize I got my money out of this thing and buy a new one? I need one ....the slope behind my house needs wacking and I had planned to tackle that this weekend. Total bummer this thing broke down on me now.

Thanks for the info ....Steve