CBR1100XX.org Forum

Rubbed spot on seat...

Squareman357

So, my Corbin seat has a rub spot, where the leather is no longer black, right in the crotch area near the tank. I assume my riding pants or my large Johnson have caused this spot. Anyone have any suggestions for returning it to black color? It's an older leather Corbin.

Sorry Dave...the wife won't let me for fear it may cause me to have stalkers...I REALLY don't want to color the rub spot in with a black sharpie...any other ideas?

Seriously....I had the same deal....but on the sides of the seat. I'm a JEW so you the LARGE johnson thing won't fly....but I do have a fat ass.

Honestly, I used a black sharpie and unless you stuck your nose up close...you could not tell.

Other than that...bring it to a leather guy to have him/her re-surphase it. $$$$$

Call corbin...they may have a repair kit also.

I promise I won't stalk....I'll sign a waiver.

Cut off your Johnson and you big a$$ will eventually make the rest of the seat the same color.

RB

Now we can call it even :icon_twisted:

You can also try black leather shoe polish.

:icon_fingers::icon_fuckofftroll:

LOL! You'll do just fine here...

So, my Corbin seat has a rub spot, where the leather is no longer black, right in the crotch area near the tank. I assume my riding pants or my large Johnson have caused this spot. Anyone have any suggestions for returning it to black color? It's an older leather Corbin.

Anson

Try this. I use it on my Corbin, have the same problem, not a wear spot, a large johnson. :icon_biggrin:

DOC BAILEY'S LEATHER BLACK is as equally good on leather. It restores color, nourishes, waterproofs, and cleans. Excellent for ALL BLACK Smooth Leather, motorcycle clothing, jackets, chaps, gloves, boots leather furniture and Black Automotive Interiors. 118 mL / 4 oz. bottle with a separate sponge applicator.

Anson

Try this. I use it on my Corbin, have the same problem, not a wear spot, a large johnson. :icon_biggrin:

DOC BAILEY'S LEATHER BLACK is as equally good on leather. It restores color, nourishes, waterproofs, and cleans. Excellent for ALL BLACK Smooth Leather, motorcycle clothing, jackets, chaps, gloves, boots leather furniture and Black Automotive Interiors. 118 mL / 4 oz. bottle with a separate sponge applicator.

If you want to try the Doc Baileys's, I have have some. I can bring it with me when I come out, if you aren't in a hurry.

RB

Anson

If you want to try the Doc Baileys's, I have have some. I can bring it with me when I come out, if you aren't in a hurry.

RB

That's the stuff you lent me to tidy up my boots when we went to Cali right? Yeah, cool, I'll wait until you come up to try that out, I'm not in any big hurry, the integrity of the seat itself is fine. In the meantime, I'll try to find someway to bind up my large Johnson to prevent further seat damage... :icon_twisted::icon_dance: