CBR1100XX.org Forum

Windscreen...too lazy to research

RXX

Opinions on windscreens, please? Putting clothes on her this week, and MIGHT spring the money for a new windscreen. Old one was cracked in a spill, but I have it "bolted" together. Looking for wind protection mostly, wouldn't mind a cool colour though. Any suggestions or any used ones? Mine is stock, by the way, and I liked it just fine, but I am known to be easily pleased.

Opinions on windscreens, please? Putting clothes on her this week, and MIGHT spring the money for a new windscreen. Old one was cracked in a spill, but I have it "bolted" together. Looking for wind protection mostly, wouldn't mind a cool colour though. Any suggestions or any used ones? Mine is stock, by the way, and I liked it just fine, but I am known to be easily pleased.

I liked my ZG Double Bubble.

And pssst... it's for sale here right now! :icon_shhh: .

When I had my XX I tried Givi and ZG..but always went back to stock..Stock is the best overall screen out there

IMO

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

I've got this one up for sale on ebay. And the best part is the reserve is only $9.00 so even if you dont like it your not out too much money. This is a kick ass screen to tour with it is provides alot of wind protection without taking away from the looks of the bike. Its a National Cycle brand screen and is light smoke colored.

+1 for ZG DB

• 2 months later...

:icon_confused: Bugs land on my lap with a standard screen, and I get no buffetting on a standard screen unless I get a 45 degree gusty wind travelling around 130 kmph.

I switched to an Eagle touring screen with lip (slight lip), I now have bugs comming over with wind and dumping into Gauge area, so my gauges gets a lot dirtier, I get less wind on my face and chest though, so turbulence YES, buffeting 70-100kmph YES, however over 100kmph NO only a feeling of vaccuum on my chest.

I should have gone for a Double Bubble as the manufacturer suggested but did'nt like the lines on it.

Stick to a standard is my opinion. Cheers :icon_neutral:

I bought an iridium airblade from Fly-n-cycle on ebay and I really like it. It is good and solid and gives good protection. The contour lets enough wind hit my shoulders that I get fairly good lift at speeds over 70mph or so, makes it easy on the wrists. Pretty reasonable price at about $75. and good finish. IMO...Mark

I have an OEM screen for my 2001, a Givi, a National Cycle, and a MRA VarioTouringScreen.

With my Russell Day-Long saddle on the bike, I prefer the OEM in the summer and the MRA in the colder weather.

With my Corbin saddle on the bike, my ABSOLUTE preference is for the Givi.

I'm 5'9 and I'm sure that windscreen preference is somewhat dependent upon the rider's height and very dependent upon what looks the best on the bike. :icon_lol:

I seriously think you need to think what you need the screen for. Aesthetics??? Go a double bubble like mine (Powerbronze). OEM look? Go for a straight replacement or something similar with added tint. Want to go touring? Get a touring windshield (which IMO look gay, but are outstanding against wind). So the question you should ask youself is not which screen, but what do I want from the screen...then go and look for something suitable.

Also, I will take the laziness out of it for you. Here are your google search words:

windscreen cbr1100xx

Done, easy as that... :icon_duh:

post-2566-1150103594_thumb.jpg

I was just making the point that perhaps it may be a good idea to see what is available. A quick search (lasting approx. 3 minutes) will give him an idea to the screens people are talking about here (with pics also). I was just being a smart arse I hope people realise that... :icon_redface:

I bought the bike with a Givi screen on it. I've run with it as well as the stock screen. I'm going with the Givi. I get less turbulence. I'm 5'10".

Just spent the weekend riding 1900 miles to, at and from TBME with the MRA Vario and it was worth every cent I paid. I had a GIVI for two years and had to go back to the stocker when it got broken.

With the GIVI I got a little bit of buffeting above 110 with the wind hittng me in the face. The stock screen had wind right in my chest with no real buffeting. The Vario has no buffeting and you can tweak the spoiler for the ridng you are doing though even at it's highest I catch the breeze at the eyebrow level. Also the fit and finish is even better than the GIVI though the smoke isn't as dark as the GIVI.

I was just making the point that perhaps it may be a good idea to see what is available. A quick search (lasting approx. 3 minutes) will give him an idea to the screens people are talking about here (with pics also). I was just being a smart arse I hope people realise that... :icon_redface:

Sorry! :icon_redface: I guess you didn't deserve that.