CBR1100XX.org Forum

hjc products

In particular the HJC 50 and associated fullface system. I'll start at the begining. When I first opened the package and inspected its contents I was impressed with the size and weight of the unit. Small and light-weight. After playing with it a while I noticed some design flaws. One the mini-din connectors for the headphones are POS. A two year old could have designed a better system. Second, let me start out by saying I did receive two different styles of headphones, I noticed one headset did not function (the mic didn't work) on the other headset I noticed the mic was "HOT" all the time. Meaning what ever I said into the mic came out of not only the other set of speakers but also back into the same helmet speakers. (you hear yourself talking). Other than that its a great and wonderful product. I can see myself using it everyday (as a paperweight). I have discussed this briefly to the company I bought the system from and they are going to replace the headsets, but I doubt that the "HOT" microphone will be fixed. I'll keep you informed as things progress further. Oh and the replacement headsets are on back order. I have not been able to contact HJC about their product as of yet...... Until then my advice stay away from HJC.

I've used Collett, J&M, and Autocom; in all of them you can hear yourself talk, and I consider that a feature. Now, if you mean that the mic never turns off (it should be voice activated), then that's a different problem.