CBR1100XX.org Forum

CCT Time. Question though....

Almost riding season here in the Great White North.

Ordered my Cam Chain Tensioner today but the Dealer knew nothing about an update or a superceded part number. Now, after reading several posts most of you say it's available as a kit but the dealer said no. Sold me the tensioner & gasket seperately.

I don't think Canadian part numbers should differ from the US ones.

How do I know this is the updated tensioner? Look for the green dots?

Kev

Almost riding season here in the Great White North.

Ordered my Cam Chain Tensioner today but the Dealer knew nothing about an update or a superceded part number. Now, after reading several posts most of you say it's available as a kit but the dealer said no. Sold me the tensioner & gasket seperately.

I don't think Canadian part numbers should differ from the US ones.

How do I know this is the updated tensioner? Look for the green dots?

Kev

Why not just be done with it and get one from A.P.E.?

The newer Honda CCT's (aka lifter) is a -315 part number. It has two green paint dots on it. I believe it's the only one Honda sells now.

Just ping John01XX and he'll set you up with one. He sells the newer units with the 2 green dot's on it. It's a very easy change to make as well. I'd say almost anyone should be able to do it if they can follow directions. It's not all that complicated.

The South African market also didn't have the numbers mentioned here.

I got mine directly from JohnXX

The updated unit has 2 green dots on it, while the older one has only one.

Got a very interresting quote from my local stealer here.

They quoted on a Inner CCT and an Outer CCT.

Has anyone got any info with regards to this. What the heck is a inner and outer CCT?

The South African market also didn't have the numbers mentioned here.

I got mine directly from JohnXX

The updated unit has 2 green dots on it, while the older one has only one.

Got a very interresting quote from my local stealer here.

They quoted on a Inner CCT and an Outer CCT.

Has anyone got any info with regards to this. What the heck is a inner and outer CCT?

The part we replace is actually called the lifter. The tensioner is what the lifter presses against to set the cam chain tension, and I belive there are two of the tensioners. You do not want the tensioner you want the lifter which is what John sells for the best price and shipping service around :icon_wink:

OEM Honda CCT (Lifter Set) w/gasket and new mounting hardware

# 06140-MAT-315

I have them in Stock

$34.50 delivered in tyhe USA

$35.50 delivered to Canada

$40.00 delivered in Europe

USPS Priority Mail delivery

Yes double Green Dot

PERFECT !

Re-post of my CCT install that was lost when we switched servers.....

My Blackbird's engine, at ~60,000 miles, has been sounding like a "bag-o-marbles" for quite some time now. We had a Group Buy for the X-11 Cam Chain Tensioner (a much improved design, we are told) almost two years ago, but I never got around to installing it. Finally did so today, and the engine is silent as a tomb compared to what it was rattling like before!

This took all of 10 minutes to do, and over half of that was removing/reinstalling the right-side cowling.

For those that haven't replaced their's yet, here's a brief summary:

Here is the X-11 Chain Chain Tension kit, comprise of the CCT itself, and the CCT gasket, which is p/n 14523-MAL-A00 on the left (gasket hidden behind cardboard packaging):

x11_kit.jpg

The CCT is located on the outboard right-side of the engine, slightly covered by the rear of the upper radiatior hose and coolant return line. It's held in place by two 5mm socket head bolts. Once these two bolts are removed, the old CCT lifts straight out. Here is the resultant opening, with traces of the old green gasket that I need to clean off:

CCT-hole.jpg

Here's is the nice clean, shiny-black X-11 CCT that replaces the oem silver CCT. The X-11 CCT comes "pre-wound", with the windings held in place by a small steel "key" that you can just see inserted at the top of the CCT:

installed_key.jpg

The old silver factory CCT had an 8mm bolt installed at the very top of the CCT, though I'm not sure it it had any real function other that to keep dirt/debris away from the opening. The X-11 CCT did not come with this bolt, but just in case it does serve a purpose, I decided to move it over to the X-11 version. Note small steel "key" that I just removed from the new CCT, allowing the Tensioner's "plunger" to descend as designed:

cct-cap.jpg

Ready to rock! CCT installed, bolts torqued, 8mm end cap in place.

installed_capped.jpg

HTH......

The Cam Chain Tensioner takes about 15 minutes to change

You just received one from me - did you install it yet ?

I did, thanks the 15 minutes are correct.

It's just the inner part that is worrying me a bit, The stealer is selling an inner and outer CCT unit.

I've got no idea as to what the inner part is.

The parts I got from you worked great, no more noise.

• 1 month later...

John, have any CCT's in stock that you can send me up here in Michigan?

Got me a bike full of broken dishes.... dammit.

I shipped out two of them today and have a few more ready to be shipped. How many do you want ?? :icon_lol:

$34.50 delivered Priority Mail

John@Bikebits.us for Paypal or PM for my address to mail a check

Let me know and I can get one right out to you.

Just curious,

My bike rattles near the cam covers on cold start up for a few seconds, then smooths and quites right out. Does it need a new CCT? It currently has the two dot version on it (factory '03). Just wondering on how long the new design generally lasts?

Got yours ready to go out tomorrow, Tuesday.

I have only one left in stock untill next week when I will have 10 more coming in.

John

I have only one left in stock untill next week when I will have 10 more coming in.

John

IPB Image

John

Hi John,

Mine has started making slight noises - wondered if it is CCT or the PAIR system making the noises...

What would be the CCT cost be including shipping to Johannesburg, South Africa?

I'm gonna make a PAIR blockoff plate from 6mm aliminium - just need to make a template first.

John

Hi John,

Mine has started making slight noises - wondered if it is CCT or the PAIR system making the noises...

I'm gonna make a PAIR blockoff plate from 6mm aliminium - just need to make a template first.

Brian,

I sent one over to Articflipper in South Africa back in January. Took almost three weeks to get to him but turned out that the Post Office in Africa had it there for quit a while. I am a bit nervous shipping to Africa due to the chance of it not making it there. I can ship it to you by Global Priority Mail and it should take 5-7 days for delivery but often takes longer. Your call if you think the Postal Service over there is not going to lose it.

Cost to South Africa is $40.00 total delivered.

Check with Articflipper for his opinion.

John

Hi John,

And check with RedJ on his pair kit. Maybe they can be shipped together :icon_think:

Re-post of my CCT install that was lost when we switched servers.....

My Blackbird's engine, at ~60,000 miles, has been sounding like a "bag-o-marbles" for quite some time now. We had a Group Buy for the X-11 Cam Chain Tensioner (a much improved design, we are told) almost two years ago, but I never got around to installing it. Finally did so today, and the engine is silent as a tomb compared to what it was rattling like before!

This took all of 10 minutes to do, and over half of that was removing/reinstalling the right-side cowling.

For those that haven't replaced their's yet, here's a brief summary:

Here is the X-11 Chain Chain Tension kit, comprise of the CCT itself, and the CCT gasket, which is p/n 14523-MAL-A00 on the left (gasket hidden behind cardboard packaging):

IPB Image

The CCT is located on the outboard right-side of the engine, slightly covered by the rear of the upper radiatior hose and coolant return line. It's held in place by two 5mm socket head bolts. Once these two bolts are removed, the old CCT lifts straight out. Here is the resultant opening, with traces of the old green gasket that I need to clean off:

IPB Image

Here's is the nice clean, shiny-black X-11 CCT that replaces the oem silver CCT. The X-11 CCT comes "pre-wound", with the windings held in place by a small steel "key" that you can just see inserted at the top of the CCT:

IPB Image

The old silver factory CCT had an 8mm bolt installed at the very top of the CCT, though I'm not sure it it had any real function other that to keep dirt/debris away from the opening. The X-11 CCT did not come with this bolt, but just in case it does serve a purpose, I decided to move it over to the X-11 version. Note small steel "key" that I just removed from the new CCT, allowing the Tensioner's "plunger" to descend as designed:

IPB Image

Ready to rock! CCT installed, bolts torqued, 8mm end cap in place.

IPB Image

HTH......

nice pics and info! just completed the job thx to your post. any others feel as "mechanically disabled" as me?

FYI:

The X11 CCT (Honda calls it a Lifter set) is black to match the paint on the engine due to it being a naked version of the Bird and the CCT is in plain sight. I beleive that is the purpose of the black color.

The New double green dot replaces the single green dot US version here in the States and is not painted since it is not visable(sp?)

Installed exactly the same, great write up

Getting the silver double green dot Lifter Sets back in stock the end of this week.