CBR1100XX.org Forum

PCIII -- effect of having it in and out???

exskibum

Gonna put a Micron 4-2-1 on my '03, and figure I better put a PCIII on it to set it up right. From researching the things, it looks like a really well thought out way to control ignition and fuel.

But there's a chance I'm going to be moving back to Kalifornia, and my '03 is a 48 states model. I was thinking about putting on the Micron system with the PCIII, and then, if I move back, adn after I have the required 7500 miles, registering it in Kalifornia. Fearing registration and inspection problems, I am thinking I'll simply put the stock exhaust system back on for that and pull out the PCIII while the stock pipes are on it long enough to get it registered and titled there. So, my question is . . .

Is that possible? Once the PCIII is pulled, do I get the default ignition timing and fuel delivery of the bike in stock configuration? Looks like it would be that way to me, but I'd rather ask than be wrong.

Is that possible? Once the PCIII is pulled, do I get the default ignition timing and fuel delivery of the bike in stock configuration?

Yes.

You can also simply load the zero map before you take it in.

Is that possible? Once the PCIII is pulled, do I get the default ignition timing and fuel delivery of the bike in stock configuration?

Yes.

You can also simply load the zero map before you take it in.

You should run a clinic, Tim. Mucho thanks . . . AGAIN.

Having registered many 48 state bikes in Kalli, I wouldn't worry about it anyway. I've never met a DMV type that has any idea whether you've changed pipes or not and they certainly have no way (currently) of detecting any changes made by a PCIII. Inspection has always consisted of verifying numbers and mileage. Anything more technical is well above California DMV.

Having registered many 48 state bikes in Kalli, I wouldn't worry about it anyway. I've never met a DMV type that has any idea whether you've changed pipes or not and they certainly have no way (currently) of detecting any changes made by a PCIII. Inspection has always consisted of verifying numbers and mileage. Anything more technical is well above California DMV.

+1 Same here. They just look at the mileage and vin. Don't bother with returning the bird to stock config.