CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hippo Hands

Now that I've sold my Goldwing, I have made a few significant changes to the Blackbird to make it more comfortable for year-round riding. Although I use heated gloves and the MRA VarioTouringScreen does one hell of a job keeping most of the wind off my hands, I still wanted a little bit of extra warmth. On my old R75/5 BMW, I used a set of original Vetter Hippo Hands but they would have never fit over the controls of a modern motorcycle so I turned to Dan Klestorny who previously made my fork gaiters. He manufactures an updated version of the Hippo Hands that fit modern motorcycles.

I sent numerous closeup photos of my VFR bars and the controls as well various measurements to Dan. From that information, he determined that the measurements for my XX were very similar to the Kawasaki Concours so I was able to order that set for my bike. The quality is excellent and they fit my bike extremely well.

Here's the information on how they are constructed and a photo of them on a Connie since I'm too lazy to go out to the cold garage and photograph what they look like on my XX.

http://hippohands.com/Hippo%20Hands.htm

normal_Hippo%20Hands.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It's Christmas Eve in Michigan and I just finished a 100 mile freeway ride in 35 degree temperatures. My hands stayed quite warm when wearing three-season gloves for the first 50 miles. On the return trip, I wore Gerbing's Heated Gloves and thought that my hands were in a toaster (even on the lowest setting).

GREAT PRODUCT!