CBR1100XX.org Forum

Forget the Drain Plug Washers!

K9XX

Buy this.

qc1.jpg

From Here

Of course, for $40, you can have like 100 new washers from Lowes, but this is neat 8) And you don't have to juggle a hot drain plug :lol:

Someone buy it and give a report. I don't wanna be the first :lol::lol:

When I had airplanes, we put quick drain plugs on all of them and never had any problems. I would think if they were safe for an airplane they should be ok for bike. They worked great too. You buy it and let me know. :D or get Faingold to buy it, he has too much money anyway.

I'm kind of curious how you could get all of the oil an XX with them as the drain hole is horrizontal and the device would take up at least some space in the bottom of the hole .

Any ideas ?

It looks like nothing is impeeding the flow in this cross section pic:

QC123.jpg

I'm kind of curious how you could get all of the oil  an XX with them as the drain hole is horrizontal and the device would take up at least some space in the bottom of the hole .

Any ideas ?

It looks like nothing is impeeding the flow in this cross section pic:

QC123.jpg

Herb is correct... The view they show is vertical, but the 'bird is horizontal... In effect, you'd be adding about 1/8" to the lowest point that you could get oil out of... So, theoretically, there could be 1/8" of oil you couldn't get out of the oil pan...

Mike

Herb is correct... The view they show is vertical, but the 'bird is horizontal... In effect, you'd be adding about 1/8" to the lowest point that you could get oil out of... So, theoretically, there could be 1/8" of oil you couldn't get out of the oil pan...

Mike

Talk about splitting feckin hairs here....wow :shock:

You know, I put the plug in as soon as it stops streaming, I don't leave it out to drain every last drop. I know, I'm a bad dad :D 1/8th inch huh? That's gotta be like 3 quarts :poke:

I also only put in 4 quarts at the change. Not 4.1, not 4.2, just 4. I think only engineers have a problem with that small amount :P:lol:

You know, I put the plug in as soon as it stops streaming, I don't leave it out to drain every last drop.  I know, I'm a bad dad :D   1/8th inch huh?  That's gotta be like 3 quarts  :poke:  

I also only put in 4 quarts at the change.  Not 4.1, not 4.2, just 4.  I think only engineers have a problem with that small amount :P    :lol:

FWIW, I let mine sit until it completely cools and then some. It has stopped dripping oil completely before I put the plug back --- and it still only takes 4 qts. (not 4.1 or 4.2)