CBR1100XX.org Forum

rear Fender problem

feelergaugephil

I don't think they will (easily) but I'm not sure. My reasoning: Take a close look at the tail light on both models. Looks like the '97 is thinner than the later models. Good luck.

Dameon

Well let me eat those words. According to Devil Bikes theirs will fit.

http://www.devilbikes.com/bodywork_part.ph...0JSIDExMDBYWA==

check it out.

Dameon

I want it back to original.

OH, I miss understood. That link was for an aftermarket undertail. You'll just have to try it and let us know since you already have one. Then let us know. One evening is all it should take.

Dameon

It looks extremely close, and probably will fit but, on the 02 fender it has stick up slots with screw holes for part of the injection electical items to bolt to, the 97 doesn't have them.

So if someone has an 02 rear fender complete fairly cheap let me know, I have a 97 in perfect condition with a rear sub frame.

the 97 fender is different. the ecu area is smaller,the taillight is smaller. then the 99-2005. i have seen them both. when i was looking, for a spare, when i installed my mototeck undertail. incase i cut it out to much to fit the tail. the 97-98's have a smaller rear section. check ebay.

• 4 weeks later...