CBR1100XX.org Forum

[ A+ ] University Motors

Recently I had some electrical issues where my stator fried and took my R/R with it. Well I ordered replacements from ron ayers and wanted them overnight. I was charged 50 bucks to get the parts from the warehouse to ronayers and then another 50 to get it to my house. It seemed reasonable at that time.

Fast forward a few days and the stator works fine but the regulator is putting out way to much voltage(I mistakenly ordered the wrong regulator so that may or may not have anything to do with that failure). I ordered an R1 unit on monday. Called to check on wednesday and found it back ordered. Something they could have told me sooner I say!!

At this point your all probably thinking what does this bad experience with Ron Ayers have to do with University motors? Well its the reason I was looking for an alternate vendor, so I thought it appropriate.

Anyway on the advice of matey_peeps I checked out Gary at University Motors located in north dakota I believe. I had purchased my speigler kit from gary but never realized he was a dealership.

Anyway not only did Gary give me a price of 45 dollars versus 59 dollars from Ron Ayers, he shipped it ups next day express for 20 dollars. This tells me that Ron Ayers is making some dough on the shipping cost for their parts! You guys should check him out at http://www.umotorsfargo.com/ Even if his prices were equal to or slightly higher, to me its worth it to get that high quality customer care!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

:icon_dance: Gary Mccoy is the man when it comes to Oem Honda parts. I called him up for my POS failed fuel sending unit and he got me squared away!!!!!! Props to Gary AGAIN

Kinley

• 9 months later...

I've dealt with Gary for many parts, both OEM and aftermarket.

He's now the GM and Matt is the parts contact.

They have new owners that have big plans for the dealership and they are commited to maintaining the personal quality service they have always provided.

Good people

• 1 month later...

I bought my first bike from this University Motors in 1985!!!! I think I'll check back in up there after 20 years have passed now and see if I can give them some repeat business.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now placed four different orders with University Motors - great price, great service, prompt shipping and good communication. I doubt I will ever use any dealer but University Motors.

I usually talk to either Mike Barth or Mike Kolstad. They're both great to work with, either one can fuck my sister.

• 1 month later...

Placed my first order with Mike Barth thanks to a tip from airborneXX. Price was the best I had seen and include that with excellent communication and fast shipping. Delivered on Friday just before the long weekend and I could not be happier.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought my first bike from this University Motors in 1985!!!! I think I'll check back in up there after 20 years have passed now and see if I can give them some repeat business.

Great service backed up with terrific prices on the parts AND the shipping- a rare combination in these times. I was dissapointed however that no one was there who remembered my used 750 Virago purchase from 22 years ago. Mom was hot back then- you'd think someone would have paid attention.

• 1 month later...