CBR1100XX.org Forum

solo seat

waytooslow

I saw one on a Bird here in Dallas, but don't know who made... it was not a corbin, the rear section (seat cowl) was open underneath. There were no stickers and the guy that had it, was not sure where it came from. guess it was on bike when he bought it.

Had cavenerous space under cowl, and matched painted as well.

Anyone have ideas??

Waytooslow

it was not a corbin, the rear section (seat cowl) was open underneath.

Are you saying this is why you think it wasn't a Corbin? The Corbins are open underneath.

Did you see the pics of my HS-1 unit at photoisland.com? For particulars I can say it was a royal pain in the ass to get. But hear you go...

The maker is HS-1 or Haungs out of Germany. The wait was...get this...almost 7 months !!! And, they WILL NOT SELL OR SHIP TO THE U.S. !!!! So you'll have to go through someone in GErmany. I have already talked to my contacts in the U.K. and Germany to get them shipped over and they said "sorry", to much red tape, etc. Cost is in Euros on the web page, about $325+ , but that doesn't include VAT (tax), shipping and any import duties if the U.S. agency asks for them or any fees impose by your bank for wire transfers of funds etc. In all it will run about $400 or so as an estimate. The unit is the seat AND the cowl. The seat foam is cut 30mm to give more of a dish, and firmer to give excellent support, but is pretty hard compared to the stock seat. The seat is covered in a vinyl that has the look of a leather grain in your choice of colors. The seat base is I believe either a hard plastic or thick fiberglass ( would have to go and see to verify- I just don't recall at the moment)The cowl is made of hand laminated fiberglass and is pretty thick. It bolts to the seat to make it one solid unit. It mounts to the bike just like the stock seat utilizing the standard locking mechanism etc. I had the cowl painted to match my bike by HS-1 for a small additional cost and it came out perfect. The quality is outstanding. All hardware to mount and bolt together the unit is of high quality and included. I'm sorry but I can't help you get one. Wish I could...could sell quite a few, but as I have found from previous experience importing Euro parts to the States, most people don't really want to pay top dollar for top quality items.

Howie

Oh no, it is not a seat cover. It replaces the entire stock seat assy. You have two parts to it.

1) the riders seat unit

2) the rear cowl

The cowl bolts to the seat which then replaces the entire stock seat. So there is NOT a pillion seat. It goes on and off just like the stocker though.