CBR1100XX.org Forum

If anyone out there has never heard of this product let me give you a brief note on them.

It's a automatic chain oiler, which has a tube from your intake area (carb or injection) which travels to a oil storage area,which in turn pumps drops of oil to your chain.

I had one of these on my Kawasaki 1000RX and it worked wonders, no messy chain oil all over my rear wheel...

I will be getting one very soon when my 02 xx arrives.

http://www.riderstation.com/oiler.php

• 7 months later...

If anyone out there has never heard of this product let me give you a brief note on them.

It's a automatic chain oiler, which has a tube from your intake area (carb or injection) which travels to a oil storage area,which in turn pumps drops of oil to your chain.

I had one of these on my Kawasaki 1000RX and it worked wonders, no messy chain oil all over my rear wheel...

:icon_twisted: HI THERE

SCOTOILER ARE REALLY BIG IN THE UK,YOU GET 4-5 TIMES MORE LIFE SPAN IN YOUR CHAIN,ALSO THE WHEEL AND HUB ARE KEEP CLEAN,NO CHAINWAX PICKIN SHITE UP OF THE ROAD.

THEY ARE PISS EASY TO FIT,EMAIL ME FOR PICS.

CHEERS

BLACKBIRD3

PRO-OILER! I think there is going to be a group buy soon. I have one, and love it. NOT "piss-easy" to install, but I did it with little trouble. It uses a pump to oil the chain.

SCOTOILER ARE REALLY BIG IN THE UK,YOU GET 4-5 TIMES MORE LIFE SPAN IN YOUR CHAIN,ALSO THE WHEEL AND HUB ARE KEEP CLEAN,NO CHAINWAX PICKIN SHITE UP OF THE ROAD.

CHEERS

BLACKBIRD3

Please send the pics because I am looking for a place to mount the oiler on this site.

www.loobman.com

• 4 weeks later...

I've got one on my 01, and had one on my 98 before I sold her. Of course I was living in Germany when I put that on there, but it is fantastic. The chain is easy to maintain, and you NEVER hear it when you are rolling because it is really well lubed. I also don't get chain wax flung all over the place. It's really a nice addition.

• 1 month later...

CHEERS

BLACKBIRD3

Please send me the pics, I am very intersted in this item and how to install it.

I have a Scottoiler, and I'm selling it.....

No way this thing works.... Either you get to many, or too less oil on the chain. You have to check regularly if you have oil left, and it comes of the chain a lot easier than normal chain-wax.....

The whole back-end of the bike was covered in oil after a 3000 mile trip

• 1 month later...

You probably had it turned up too high, if you don't bleed it properly from the start it will always act up, bleed it properly and it will work for you the lifetime of your bike, honest, try it. Phil.

It was installed by a mechanic (it was his before) who had already warned me about this. Either it was too much or too little oil. I tried all positions, but I couldn't get along with it. I sold it again....

You probably had it turned up too high, if you don't bleed it properly from the start it will always act up, bleed it properly and it will work for you the lifetime of your bike, honest, try it. Phil.

It was installed by a mechanic (it was his before) who had already warned me about this. Either it was too much or too little oil. I tried all positions, but I couldn't get along with it. I sold it again....

It may have been a faulty one then, They have always worked properly for me, but if not bled properly they act up.

I have them on all three of my bikes - Absolutely love them! No chain worries at all. I just got a blackbird & already have one for it. I will put the touring kit on that one. The Scottoiler site in Scotland has installation notes for it on the Blackbird. I plan to mount the reservoir at the rear of the tail fairing.

Even if you get too much oil when getting the adjustment correct, it is easier to wipe off than chain lube or wax and the chain stays nice & clean. Be advised that they have two weights of oil. the Kit comes with the lighter (green) one but here in So Cal I needed the heavier red one. I had the adjustment on the VFR as low as it would go & still got a little too much oil with the green lube. Changed to red & OK now.

I'm obviously happy but some just like to tinker or clean chains....

• 1 month later...

I've had the dual-injector version on my XX for over 40,000 miles without any problems. Originally, I installed the Touring reservoir beneath the rear cowling for extra oil capacity but removed it when I installed a Power Commander.

I replaced the original chain and sprockets at 34,500 miles because I wanted to try and minimize some vibration that I was getting through the handgrips... not because they were worn. At the time of replacement, the chain was less than 1/2 way through the green, and the sprockets looked like new.

As an added bonus... the chain rarely needs adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Scottoilers - best thing sinced "sliced bread"

24,000 mile on second chain and sprockets.....still going strong.....I ain't any tarmac terrorist.....couple of rules simple, if its hot turn your flow down....when it's cold you may need to review it and turn the flow up....completely hidden installation....but my chain....I don't need to worry about it....the Scottoiler takes care of it....

• 3 years later...

I would like to update my post. In Germany I was running the red oil, and it was perfect. Here in the USA I have only found the standard oil and it runs too quickly. Needed to get some red in her to work properly. The thing rocks though!

I would like to update my post. In Germany I was running the red oil, and it was perfect. Here in the USA I have only found the standard oil and it runs too quickly. Needed to get some red in her to work properly. The thing rocks though!

I've had a Scottoiler since Dec 08 and I love it :icon_biggrin: I do get a little fling even with the red oil but I have only had to adjust my chain twice in ~15 000km's :icon_surprised: Was a little tricky getting the tube set up correctly from the swingarm onto the sprocket :icon_confused: