CBR1100XX.org Forum

Who wants proper-weight springs for the 900 shocks?

SwampNut

Are you interested in a spring?  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • Blow me
    • C. This option intentionally left blank
    • Hookers

Sweet, thanks.....

You will need a shock from a '93-'95 model; the later years won't fit. This will carry one of the following part numbers:

MWO-003

MWO-0132A

MWO-0132B

MAE-0032B

I found a MWO-003 on a '98 model...should fit though right? The doode says it is 12 3/4 in long from center to center on the bolt holes...anyone care to measure theirs? :cool:

I found a MWO-003 on a '98 model...should fit though right? The doode says it is 12 3/4 in long from center to center on the bolt holes...anyone care to measure theirs?

That's the one.

I've only bottomed out the 16.0 a few times, and each time was 2-up, and loaded with luggage.

I say the 16.5 is the way to go. Stronger for the loaded times, but optimal for solo canyon carving. :twisted:

Count me in also........maybe.

Apparently I'm on the lighter side here. I weigh around 170, depending...... and rarely ride two up.

Would I be better off buying one of your guy's spring once you upgrade?

Any suggestions? I find the stock spring to be a little much, but then again, I don't want to bottom out during those few times that I do have a pillion.

Either way, I'll need a spring.

How big is Swampnut since he is bottoming out the 16.0?

215#, plus the Beetle Bags. I'm not bottoming when I ride solo, but it's definitely too soft. With even a small passenger I can bottom it on hard turns.

Jason, you should run your numbers through the calculator on the RaceTech site and see what it recommends.

I ran my numbers through the racetech site. Per racetech, for my weight, the recomended spring is 16.5. Further down the list, I find that racetech considers the 16.8 spring ideal for a 170 lb. rider. When I started the calculations, I entered my weight as 180. Looks like there are some problems with their calculations.

Has anyone called racetech and asked for recomendations?

How big is Swampnut since he is bottoming out the 16.0?

215#, plus the Beetle Bags. I'm not bottoming when I ride solo, but it's definitely too soft. With even a small passenger I can bottom it on hard turns.

Jason, you should run your numbers through the calculator on the RaceTech site and see what it recommends.

I am the same size plus GIVI setup.

I have a stock 900RR shock that was given to me. It is Yellow tho so will have to paint it but free none the less. Where refering to the "stocker" does that mean the stock Bird spring or the stock RR spring ? I am a light weight at 150 lbs and rarely ever ride two up. Can I use either the stock Bird or stock RR spring for my set-up ?

• 11 months later...

I was wondering if the stock bird spring would fit the RR shock. The stock bird spring is more than 16KG, right? Or is the spring a different dia? Anyone persued the 954/929 shock swap yet? probably need a new lower link for that swap though, the shock is a different length.