CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pool Time! Now its Deck Time!! 99% DONE!!8/17/05

JB4XX

Thanks!!!

The wife and kids have been swimming everyday!

Now she sees what I am talking about when I want to finish the bathroom and party room in the basement...

That will be the nexxt post for handyman section :wink:

normal_DSC02076.JPG

Damn Josh, that looks incredible! I have to check into the handyman section more often, it looks like I missed a great pool building party! :wink:

normal_DSC01953.JPG

I worked on that Mustang skid steer design for almost three months! We power that unit and I spent several months up in Madison, South Dakota working on that damn thing!

Thanks Jeff, Nik and everybody for the compliments!

Wife and kids LOVE it. We now are both feeling the need to partially finish the basement to include a 17'x52' party room with wet bar and a full bath. I've looked into the Owens Corning pre-finished basement walls. Has anyone used these? We also talked about instead of a drop ceiling or drywall ceiling, just painting the rafters black and installing track lighting. She even suggested I build a "bike room" in one corner of the basement.

We are having a huge Labor Day party here Labor Day Monday. Tons of food, beer and a splash in the pool. PM me if you are interested!!

We also talked about instead of a drop ceiling or drywall ceiling, just painting the rafters black and installing track lighting.

YES!

Drop ceilings are too... "office like" although they provide GREAT access.

Drywall ceiling looks great, but then you don't have access if you ever want to run wiring or anything.

I REALLY like the look of raw floor (ceiling). Black might not be the color I'd choose... Maybe a grey or something... But it looks really cool if you spray EVERYTHING from the floor joists on up. Ductwork, wiring, everything. Maybe even a textured paint sprayed up there.

Then you'll always have access if you run new wiring for a new 'toy' (with technology you know there will be something to run) and you can always just spot-spray any place you put something new in.

I've seen some REALLY cool looking ceilings sprayed and then reflective 'crystal' type chips blown onto the wet paint. Gives a way cool look.. Kinda 'urban/classy' Almost like a sparkling white, or sparkling gray ceiling.

Damn Josh, that looks incredible! I have to check into the handyman section more often, it looks like I missed a great pool building party! :wink:

Maybe he could show you how to finish your deck. :poke:

That's not nice........................................ :D